Midi notes hit or miss with sampletank

edited September 2014 in Support
I setup a empty patch keyboard with an IAA of sampletank (full verison). I made a 1 measure loop of just 4 notes which translate to 2 kicks 2 snares or 2 sets of bass notes repeating.

The thing is as it loops it randomly skips different notes. First time it will play all 4 notes. Second time it skips the note on the first and as it loops it play and skips different notes.

Nothing else is running everything is setup as brand new in the chain. New song, new track, new connection through iaa. Still get the same result.

Comments

• I notice that too. For some reason sampletank does not play very well with BM2 over IAA and will either skip notes or sustain others too long for no apparent reason when recording from sampletank itself without a preset but just audio.
  • Thanks... bad news since no one seems to care on the sampletank side.
  • After much screwing around I have it working.
    -close all apps
    -reboot ipad
    -make sure beatmaker is 32MB of ram no higher
    -open sampletank using iaa
    -turn sampletank's dB down a bit or you'll hear distortion
    it works mostly at this point.
    I have an iPad air (1GB ram), I'd imagine you can do way more with iPad air 2 since it has 2GB of ram
  • I can't stand the IK Multimedia ios side of things...I hate paying a premium for an app that advertises randomly mid session to tell me to buy more stuff...I put sampletank where it belongs, off my iPad. Retronyms is another company I just can't seem to like...Tabletop is a horrible crashy weird ghost automation of goofy latent instruments app that will take a lot of money to find out you hate eventually...that is easily beaten by the 10 dollar app caustic. I heavily warn future users about buying anything Retronyms or ik multimedia...if you want a great sound library buy one...import the instruments to beatmaker...where you can actually do music most effectively for now...on iOS. In fact if you wanted to invest a hundred dollar bill in one app, you'd be better served putting it on korg gadget...which at least sounds professional for an iOS app...that can not be said for the others.
  • Honestly I'm only excited about 4 apps this year...auria pro, bm3, anything by sugarbytes, and gadget....everything else is going to have import export maladies, AUDIOBUS problems or lack of audiobus period, iaa problems or lack of incorporating a standard...Retronyms, I feel, are just jealous they couldn't set the standard with tabletop...but tabletop. Far too limited to have ever been any sort of standard...there is still only one full featured app and that is beatmaker 2, even though some of the features need help... Especially the effects section
  • Propellerheads would you please put reason on iOS for crying out loud...then there would be no competition at all...it's been hard for me to stay on iOS latelly as we are always waiting on a great work environment that misses the bar every time...devs...if you can't make a better app than what is out there...spare us the aggravation, and don't.
  • MicGee$,

While I have been able to import all my other apps' sample banks into beatmaker 2, I haven't been able to get samples out of sampletank.
    The sampletank sounds are far superior to anything else on ipad.
    I own sampletank on mac and on ipad.
    Is there a way to pull the samples in without resampling/recording?
    Would you be willing to direct me to a way to do this?
    ryanjohnjackson@gmail.com

If not could you recommend some good rock drum kits and bass guitars that I could bring into BM2?

Thanks
  • edited February 2015
    I wouldn't go that far with sampletank sounds...they are ok, but I am sure ifunbox would give you access to the sounds...but they will probably be in sampletank format instead of wav...guessing. If that's the case you would need something like redmatica keymap or similar to do the job.
  • MicGee$ said:

Honestly I'm only excited about 4 apps this year...auria pro, bm3, anything by sugarbytes, and gadget....everything else is going to have import export maladies, AUDIOBUS problems or lack of audiobus period, iaa problems or lack of incorporating a standard...Retronyms, I feel, are just jealous they couldn't set the standard with tabletop...but tabletop. Far too limited to have ever been any sort of standard...there is still only one full featured app and that is beatmaker 2, even though some of the features need help... Especially the effects section

Are Sugarbytes apps really necessary though since they are just effects? Especially with Auria being around?

I mean their apps can be kinda expensive and Auria is already expensive by itself.
  • Omg...turnado and wow are incredible, they sit in audiobus, and they also load directly in auria...yes they are worth every cent of the money...100% recommended
  • Not to mention the great app EGOIST....if you like manipulating samples not having that is dumb honestly
  • Can't wait until they make Cyclop into an app