Naming Exports: Must I Name From Scratch Each Time?

How do I set my tracks to export with the track/project name to start with?

In any software, your exports are named the same as your project by default. In BM2, I seem to have to type out the name of my exports every time from scratch.

It wouldn't be a big deal if I called my stuff "beat1" or "beat2." However, I use a more complicated way of keeping organized. I name my tracks after the date I created them, a small description, the software I used to create it, and how many exports (or what version of the track, such as the third time I've exported this).
For example: 2015.03.06-beethoven-BM2-v3

When I export a track for the forth time (version 4), for the love of god please don't make me type it all out again! I just want to start with what the track project is called, and then add "v4" to the end. It doesn't make it any easier that I can't actually see the name of the project when I am naming it and trying to stay consistent, I have to memorize how I have been naming each track.

Comments

• also, this is only one step of the file saving process. Once done, I still have to go in the app and open the file transfer, then find the folder in my dropbox I like to keep my exported tracks in. Then I transfer it so I can open it in iTunes on my computer. Any steps I can remove in this process would help a lot when you are exporting tracks often.

If the exports were named properly to begin with, and I could save directly to my dropbox folder, my iPad beatmaking life would be a lot less of a headache! ;-)
  • sounds like you have to do it from scratch each time... maybe in version 3 they will fix this