midi/audio on same track

BeatMaker 2 has a feature I've never seen in any other DAW on any platform - the ability to record MIDI and audio onto the same track. The problem is, it seems like it was more of an afterthought than a feature because I don't see an easy way to switch between the MIDI and audio tracks when they are layered on top of each other. When I edit the clip, it always defaults to the audio level. I need to select "Notes" to switch to MIDI editing. It would be nice if there was a toggle in the main window that switched between showing MIDI and audio clips. I usually drag one of the clips to the side, but it's a crap shoot whether it is the MIDI or audio clip. When I finally uncover the MIDI clip, I drag that all the way to the right of the track so I can use it later if I need to record a different audio clip with the same MIDI clip. It would be great to keep them stacked so they copy/paste together, but with the ability to choose which one I want to select. BTW, I use BM2 for full trance productions and it's become my favorite iOS app to use when I'm away from my PC with Ableton Live.

Peace \/
chisel316
www.youtube.com/chisel316
www.soundcloud.com/chisel316

Comments