Sound quality of instrument packs from store

I recently made my first purchase from the Beatmaker 2 store in the app. After downloading the demos and listening to them, I knew I was interested in this one as well as "vintage gears", however I noticed that for some reason in all of the samples the audio is panning from side to side. I figured that it must be a "watermark" added, so that nobody would want to use the demo instruments in their project, and would therefore be more likely to purchase the pack.

Much to my disappointment, after downloading the pack I found that ALL of the instruments contained this artifact. This is extremely noticable and even disorienting while wearing headphones. Needless to say I do NOT feel compelled to use these in one of my projects until fixing this issue.

I was thinking that if I were to transfer the samples to my desktop computer, I could use a program like Audacity to turn the stereo samples into mono, which would then get rid of this issue. Does anybody know if that would work, or have any other suggestions?

Zac

Comments

• edited June 2016
    Hey Zac,

I will report this back to the sound designer.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience !

Cheers,
    Mathieu.