Crash when saving

Hi - Beatmaker 2 is crashing every time I try to save a project, sample or anything that requires saving. It occurs right when you begin to type a letter and name your project, sample, etc... Can you please look into this? Very frustrating not being able to save anything.

Using the latest version of Beatmaker 2 . iOS 8.4

Comments

• Hello @oivivio

Can you try to save a project with just one, empty audio track ?

Sorry for the inconvenience,
    Mathieu.
  • Hi Mathieu,

Sorry for responding so late. Haven't had time to mess around with Beatmaker in the last few month but glad I can now :)

I created a new project, inserted a empty audio track and attempted to save. Same result; app crashed.

Regards,
    Brad
  • edited October 2016
    Hey @oivivio

I'm trying to replicate your bug. What kind of iPad or iPhone are you using ?

What iOS version are you running now ? Are you using BeatMaker 2 version 2.6.0 ?

Do you have any external audio interface connected ?

Did you setup the Audio Track at all, for example, setting its INPUT channel, or something similar ? Any IAA/Audionus audio apps running simultaneously ?

Let me know,

Thank you,
    Mathieu.
  • Hi Mathieu,

I am on a iPhone 6, iOS 8.4, beatmaker 2.6.0. No external audio interface connected or any other audio apps running in the background.

When I tried inserting a blank audio track without touching any of the settings and tried to save. Once I touch the keyboard to name the project, it crashed.

I reopened the app, inserted an audio track, modified the input and tried to save. Same results.

Hope this helps!

Brad
  • Hey @oivivio

Wow, this is extremely strange. It seems it is related to the iOS text input keyboard.

Do you have any kind of emotes pack installed or a non-english language, like Japanese ?

Let me know,
    Mathieu.

• Hi Mathieu,

I know, very odd...I have not installed any keyboard packs. Is it possible to revert back to an older version of BM2? I believe the 2.5.x version worked without crashing.

Thank you!

Brad
  • Hey @oivivio

I guess you tried to re-install the app already.

I don't think it is possible to install an older version of BeatMaker 2 unless you have it downloaded via iTunes on your computer.

Do you have another device you could try BeatMaker 2 on ? You don't need to pay twice to install the app somewhere else so it's worth a try.

Cheers,
    Mathieu.
  • Hi Mathieu,

I finally tracked down the issue. I have a program called contollers for all installed on my iphone. When it was enabled, it was causing BM2 to crash when I started typing. Now that I have disabled Contollers For All, it no longer crashes.

Thank you for all the help you have been providing. Sorry it ended up being a third party app which was causing BM2 to crash.

So happy to be able to save my projects again!

Cheers,

Brad
  • Hey @oivivio

Glad you found the solution to your problem !

Enjoy BM2 !
    Cheers,

Mathieu.