In Beatmaker 3 can we get automap for the keyboard sampler

The keyboard sampler is beyound amazing but as everyoe we want more lol. I would love to be able to automap sample to the keyboard mapper like it is in Kontakt 5. I design my own instruments in Kontakt 5 and Beatmaker 2 makes it possible for me to make the instruments on the go. Its really the next best thing. The automap feature would be amazing. Not to belittle your intelligence, but it would allow a sample that has the correct three point note information, (Hi -Low- Base Key) too automap the sample to the keys and spread the samples to the none used keys. I could have said that better lol. If in anyway you guys work on the keyboard sampler please dont take any features like this away. Most do not know about the keyboard sampler, if they did, there minds would be blown like mines was.

Comments

• Hey @Shazamm !

Actually, BM2 reads the low/high/base note information stored in the instrument/sampler chunk of WAVE files. I'm not sure if Kontakt 5 write those tags in WAVE files but from what you say I don't think it does.

• Yes I know this, what im saying is the If i only have 6 sampled notes auto map fills in the rest of the notes on the keyboard

• I see, this is indeed a great feature. Added to our wishlist :-)
  • Great feature request
  • intua said:

I see, this is indeed a great feature. Added to our wishlist :-)

Could you also add an option for super fast multisampling where you simply select a key/note on the beat-maker onscreen keyboard, then record sample to that key via mic or interface. With all samples automatically transposing down on keys that don't have a sample on them. Basically exactly how the kong microsampler is set up in normal sampling mode. So fast! Thanks
  • @mathieugarcia said:
    Hey @Shazamm !

Actually, BM2 reads the low/high/base note information stored in the instrument/sampler chunk of WAVE files. I'm not sure if Kontakt 5 write those tags in WAVE files but from what you say I don't think it does.

Any chance of this in BM3 too, it doesn't support MIDI unity note (Root) as set by Sound Forge, I have nothing to set low/high note so couldn't even check those.

• After trying to find apps that will let you save low and high notes and failing miserably for now, i think i would rather have a simple name format, but the problem is restrictive viewing space for the name on screen, it would need to scroll or something just so you could read it.

Name_Low_Root_High_LowVelo_HighVelo.wav
    Example
    Piano_21_21_22_000_127.wav

• When dropping a sample from the browser onto the mapping editor, BM3 will actually read the base/low/high key metadata + low/high velocity too. This is the only place where this information is read.

If that doesn't work, I could investigate quickly why, just throw the sample at me!

Cheers!
    Mathieu.

• @mathieugarcia unfortunately i know of no software at all that sets high low note or velocity, which software are you using.
    Sound forge set MIDI note Unity (root note) does not work, so i can send you one of those ?

• "i know of no software at all that sets high low note or velocity, which software are you using."

+1

• They may be using custom tags and not the instrument chunk or sample chunk in the wav header to set these, so some clarification is definitely needed.