HELP! Samples sometimes playback 'distorted'. Random.

edited November 2016 in Support
So I have beatmaker 2 on my iPad Air 2 and it has been excellent for what I want to do; simply use it as a trigger pad for playing samples in a live situation.

It has worked, I have recorded and uploaded many samples.
But twice now, I have loaded my project and the samples assigned to pads sound strange and distorted. Weirdly this is random and when I went to report this bug yesterday, it had changed back to normal. I recorded lots yesterday, loading and saving my project all day and it was fine. Was even fine when I woke up this morning, but I've now gone to try it and the samples sound incorrect again.

I have a video showing it here.

The first half the 'chime' sample I play sounds fine.

In the second half of the video, I autoplay it in the quick load screen and it sounds a little off, low-fi and unpleasant but then when I assign it to a pad?! It goes all sorts of crazy, and the 'chime' sample now sounds like it's in a drainpipe.
It is happening to most of the samples I imported from iMPC pro. But again, the strange part is it works fine most of the time and then suddenly just decides to change as and when it wants.

This means I can't rely on it live which is the whole reason I bought the app. I am a bit of a noob when it comes to sequencers and DAW's but I've tried everything I can think of.

Anyone have an ideas?
Thanks

Comments

• Just loaded it again and it's back to normal now!?!? THIS IS INFURIATING!!!

Someone please help!! :'(
  • edited November 2016
    Hey @dainebag,

This does seem like a change in sampling rate, probably from another running app ?
    Do you have other apps running at the same time ?

What might fix it is to launch BM2 first, then the other audio apps.
    Also, ensure you're using BeatMaker 2.6.0.

Let me know if this fix the problem for you !
    Cheers,

Mathieu.