BeatMaker 3 Beta

edited August 2016 in General
Hello dear artists, producers and music enthusiasts!

More than five years have passed since we released BeatMaker 2.
It’s been a tremendous adventure so far, and we’d like to thank you all for your support and feedback. We’ve grown from it and learned a lot.

As you might already know, we have been working on BeatMaker 3 for two years now, and with your help, we think we’ve managed to design a music production powerhouse.

BM3 is a whole new concept with a streamlined workflow, emphasizing the strengths of its predecessors while improving overall ease of use.

BM2 excels in sampling and chopping: the new sampler has been totally redesigned and is pushing limits in new ways.

You were also very enthusiastic about the sequencing features presented in BM2. While improving the classic tools that made this editor a cornerstone, we have designed a new module that will help you both jumpstart new ideas and improve your live performances tenfold.

BeatMaker is used a lot in production studios and live setups, with external pad controllers, keyboards and other gear: we have created the perfect way to integrate all that into the app’s workflow.

It’s been an absolute pleasure to see the mobile music production environment evolve, in such a short time, into a rich and creative app ecosystem. BeatMaker has always played a leading role in linking with other apps. With the new version we think we have just the production center you guys need to build on your creativity.

Just to give you some visibility over the current development phase, we will be launching the first run of closed beta-testing in the upcoming days, and we’re pretty confident BM3 will be released before the end of the year. Since we believe stability is an absolute must when releasing a new app, we want to make sure everything is perfect before we do.
We're working with a great team of beta-testers who will help us with this task. We’ve got this!

For now, we’ll be happy to hear your questions or suggestions and keep you up to date about the development.

Have a great day!

Comments

• Great news! I would LOVE to see some screenshots :D
  • What he said.

Also, will the beta tasters be provided with a "beta manual"??
  • Hi, having full faith in your apps since the first one, my only question about BM3 is : Are you develloping an universal app ? Too much music apps are for ipad only, i'll keep my fingers crossed for Bm3 :) thanks.
  • @J96One : Screenshots will follow in the upcoming weeks !
    @BigCess : Yeah testers will have a quick overview documentation.
    @miaplayin : Thanks ! At first, iPad only, but iPhone version coming shortly after.
  • I would love to beta test so I can be the first to review on my channel
  • @Shazamm since it's a beta and some features are still being fixed/improved, we cannot have testers review or publish things about BM3. I hope you understand.
  • I know I just registered on your forum... But as a die hard fan of BM2 (initially sold my Akai MPC 1000 for an iPad just to use BM2 and using it every day to sample and chop my loops), I'd love to be a BM3 beta tester... What are the requirements to become one...

Else, I'd like to let you know that a simple feature was missing in BM2 IMO... A feature to resynch a sampled loop with some slip-wrap (or slip-rool) function... So that when you got a nice looping sample but which start a bit to late or early (not synched to beat), you can resynch it in no time... That would be awesome (and completely new on iOS... until bloc waves eventually does it lol).

PS : to give you an idea, all of my 5 latest Gadget track on '' are based on samples tweaked and chopped in BM2... I really love this app... Without it I'd be lost.

Peace, and thanks so much for your apps...
  • intua said:

@Shazamm since it's a beta and some features are still being fixed/improved, we cannot have testers review or publish things about BM3. I hope you understand.

I completely know that I ment when the embargo is lifted. I enquired about being a tester as I have many different ipads and i guess I wasnt selected. I have used Beatmaker from the beginning. I have over 180,000 views on my youtube channel dedicated to IOS musicians. Just thought I would have got a little more love on being a beta tester LOL. but who am I right lol. I get it

• i'd love to get involved in the beta if it's possible, and happy to sign an nda
  • i'd love to get involved in the beta if it's possible, and happy to sign an nda

• Hey guys ! We might have additional spots later in the schedule, but for now we're full.

Cheers,
    Mathieu.
  • intua said:

Hello dear artists, producers and music enthusiasts!

More than five years have passed since we released BeatMaker 2.
    It’s been a tremendous adventure so far, and we’d like to thank you all for your support and feedback. We’ve grown from it and learned a lot.

As you might already know, we have been working on BeatMaker 3 for two years now, and with your help, we think we’ve managed to design a music production powerhouse.

BM3 is a whole new concept with a streamlined workflow, emphasizing the strengths of its predecessors while improving overall ease of use.

BM2 excels in sampling and chopping: the new sampler has been totally redesigned and is pushing limits in new ways.

You were also very enthusiastic about the sequencing features presented in BM2. While improving the classic tools that made this editor a cornerstone, we have designed a new module that will help you both jumpstart new ideas and improve your live performances tenfold.

BeatMaker is used a lot in production studios and live setups, with external pad controllers, keyboards and other gear: we have created the perfect way to integrate all that into the app’s workflow.

It’s been an absolute pleasure to see the mobile music production environment evolve, in such a short time, into a rich and creative app ecosystem. BeatMaker has always played a leading role in linking with other apps. With the new version we think we have just the production center you guys need to build on your creativity.

Just to give you some visibility over the current development phase, we will be launching the first run of closed beta-testing in the upcoming days, and we’re pretty confident BM3 will be released before the end of the year. Since we believe stability is an absolute must when releasing a new app, we want to make sure everything is perfect before we do.
    We're working with a great team of beta-testers who will help us with this task. We’ve got this!

For now, we’ll be happy to hear your questions or suggestions and keep you up to date about the development.

Have a great day!

Would love to see some crossover with electron step sequencing/parameter locks etc. And the Octatrack Scene cross fader ;)
  • Oh, this is amazing news Colin! Too bad I caught this announcement a little late for beta testing, but feel free to hit me if you need testing with iPad Pro 2.
    Damn, it's been 8 years since I joined this forum, and will be more than happy to promote the no.3 as well! Congrats, looking forward to it!
    All the best to everyone at Intua!
    Z
  • Hey Zack! Glad to see you back!
  • Thanks! Sending some positive vibes to Intua team! :)
  • Hey Intua, I was wondering with the undo button in BM3 be even tighter. The reason I ask is sometimes i would record thins in BM2 and then try to over dub over it and when I press undo it would remove everything. Both the new notes which I intended to get rid of and the old notes from the previous recording.

This is definitely great news to hear and I can't wait for it! Intua your the best when it comes to the IOS music world. Hands down! Others have came around and were all flash and hype but Beatmaker is the real deal!
  • Hey @DeeJohnson !

Thanks for the kind words !

We've extended the undo/redo further and it will work with most actions you do within BM3. We also improved it for pattern recordings and will act as you describe.

Cheers !
    Mathieu.
  • intua said:

Hey @DeeJohnson !

Thanks for the kind words !

We've extended the undo/redo further and it will work with most actions you do within BM3. We also improved it for pattern recordings and will act as you describe.

Cheers !
    Mathieu.

Awesome news Intua, I can't wait for it. I'm excited!
  • Can't wait for this!!,
  • will you be able to upgrade for free from beat maker 2? Sort of like how fl studio did with fl studio mobile 3?
  • edited December 2016
    Will it support the akai mpk mini mk ii through the lightning port like garage band does?
  • Hey @wicholas99 and welcome !

We've redesigned absolutely everything from the ground up in BeatMaker 3 so it will be released as a separate app. BeatMaker 2 is almost 6 years old now and we still maintain it. We will work on regular and exciting new updates for BM3 as well.

The Akai MPK Mini II should work out of the box with BeatMaker 3, which supports all MIDI accessories designed for iOS and MIDI class compliant hardware.

Cheers !
    Mathieu.
  • Also any guess on a release date or month?
  • Just to give you some visibility over the current development phase, we will be launching the first run of closed beta-testing in the upcoming days, and we’re pretty confident BM3 will be released before the end of the year.
    Before the end of what of the year?))) 2017...18...19...20.))))
  • Hey @donetskpiston !

We are expecting BM3 to be released in Q1 2017.
    At this point let's not rush things, we want to make sure the app is super stable and polished.

Thank you for your patience,
    Cheers,
    Mathieu.
  • Hi, I'm Ale from Italy.
    I'm using Beatmaker 2 since two years.
    I'm waiting for the release of Beatmaker 3 and I'd like to use it in professional situations.
    I found lots of pre-release informations about midi implementations, but nothing about managing audio tracks.
    Will Bm3 allow to record multiple audio tracks at the same time, and will be the possibility of looping audio tracks in combination with midi tracks.
    Thank you very much for your work!!!

Cheers!
    Ale
  • Hey @Ale !

Just like BeatMaker 2, the third version will have proper multi-track recording.
    Along with scene mode and time-stretching, you’ll be able to create loops for live use as well.

Cheers,
    Mathieu.
  • Am looking forward to the release of BeatMaker 3 very excited and wanted to know if there will be a discount for BM2 users? And what is the price set for? And when is the release date? Will it be available for iPad 2 or 3? And why not think of changing the name of BeatMaker to something else like INTUA Studio or INTUA WaveStation or INTUA iConic Sonic or INTUA SonicWave Studio or INTUA iHybrid or INTUA Lab or Intua SoundLab or just simply INTUA... I have many more name ideas but I think they are some good ones you can use for free from me. I say about the name change because if your releasing as a completely separate app with no update links or discounts to its predecessors then you may as well give it an new name that will get it the recognition it deserves as I can remember buying BM2 when it was first released and there was many Apps in the App Store with the same name even some later calling themselves Beat Maker 3 trying to cash in on the INTUA success! So for that reason and the fact that BeatMaker is good as a subtitle but for a main name it is not cutting it!
    I believe that the App is my favourite and this new update will solidify its position on top! But the name is not up there with Cubasis or Auria/ Auria Pro. And it deserves to be recognised & respected like them names. And it is respected but only by the heads that already know!
    The likes of myself and all the other users of BeatMaker and BeatMaker 2. And I believe that if you are going to force us to buy a new app rather than a free upgrade or complementary loyalty discount.
    Considering that Cubasis just released a free update to Cubasis 2 The least you can do is change the name to something that will catch the entire iDevice Community and putting your name out there to like INTUA iStudios or Something iConic and cool but classy.
    And I hear people saying don't rush INTUA team but I waited 6yrs for this app to update its look and hopefully its name because the actual functionality was already the iBoss. This App is really an PC/Mac app on an iDevice and the update I'm sure will confirm that. If they updated the look of BM2 it would capture more attention like Auria facelifted with the release of Auria Pro. I hope the BM3 release is big with a new name to boot Intua Pro or Intua Artistic Intuitive Music /iAIM.
    This App is overdue Mac release like Korg Gadget because this is worthy of that! Hopefully the wait for the release of this latest version
    Receives the recognition. I just hope I have money in my AppStore account to be able to buy on release day! Been waiting for this for years
    Looking forward to it request multiple notifications just in case I miss the first and all new information please. Thank you

GoodWork INTUA Team nuffRespect due to you all.
    BigUp
  • Oh yeah will the new version have Ableton Live Project export?
    And AudioShare links and will the expansion store be available and with previous purchases from BM2 store included?
    Is there a auto chop&slice to pad feature in the new version?
    And is there any INTUA add-ons or other third party plug-ins like fabfilter available by in-app purchases or Extras?
    And is there any later pro versions with more features expected to come out unexpectedly to consumers Months after this new release?
  • @intua not sure if this could be done but I have an ideal for bm3 and that is the ability or some sort of feature that can automatically turn off an audio bus or inter app audio recording once the end of the loop is reached. I feel that would be amazing. This way it takes the guessing game out of when to stop the recording for times when that can be a bother. This also allows for better control when recording from the other app into bm and not having to rely on using an empty preset and background audio in order to record audio into bm.