4 feature requests!!

edited September 2008 in General
first, Big ups to intua for making such a brilliant software that gives us all the possibilities to jot down our ideas on the go,
and that created this environment which influence creativity to the max, where ever we are!!
From being a computer based musician for a long time, I have played with tons of vsti's and sequencers and such,
here are some feature requests that after using Beatmaker for a month I think would take this app 10x more serious!

1. Lo' and behold, yes, the 1 bar limitation has to go. I hope this has become more than obvious to Intua after the las million who requested this feature and will not be skipped for the next update! To this the time signature requests is also essential, at least a couple.

2. A reverb would be a beautiful and useful addition to the fx section.

3. a filter fx section that uses the same velocity interface idea to apply more or less per note.

4. The pitch section could also be sent to a velocity like interface to set pitch per note, that way you don't have to have 4-8 pads to get some bass notes.
imagine writing complex baselines and melodies with just one pad! (In you new 16 beat bar!!)
Just select a note and hit pitch sequencer to get a groove seq. interface to write your notes!WOW!!

5. This being a bit experimental, I think could yield some interesting results with little programing.
Again the velocity style (or humanize interface) that lets us control the sends bus per note, that way for instance you can automate a reverb on a snare on one beat, but change it to the main bus the next beat.. Thus sequencing the fx section per beat and note!~

that's it guys,

I hope these ideas were not redundant and more like influential.

you can visit my site here
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.betaclan.net/">http://www.betaclan.net/</a><!-- m -->

Comments

• edited 2:42PM
    3. a filter fx section that uses the same velocity interface idea to apply more or less per note.

4. The pitch section could also be sent to a velocity like interface to set pitch per note, that way you don't have to have 4-8 pads to get some bass notes.
    imagine writing complex baselines and melodies with just one pad! (In you new 16 beat bar!!)
    Just select a note and hit pitch sequencer to get a groove seq. interface to write your notes!WOW!!

5. This being a bit experimental, I think could yield some interesting results with little programing.
    Again the velocity style (or humanize interface) that lets us control the sends bus per note, that way for instance you can automate a reverb on a snare on one beat, but change it to the main bus the next beat.. Thus sequencing the fx section per beat and note!~

I had mentioned something similar in another thread, so I am in complete agreement. I think the per-note adjustment window in BeatMaker is the most innovative feature, and it should be exploited for all it's worth. It's the natural place to add exactly the type of control you've described.

My other wish is to see the unique interface of the iPhone come into play, for instance mapping touch and the accelerometer to automation. Put up a couple (or more) of touch x/y pads and map the accelerometer to another, allow mapping of these to various fx or other controllable parameters, and one could do some nifty performance.
  • edited 2:42PM
    Yea!
    there was that one iphone synth app that came out that uses the accelerometer tot control cutoff/freq that was nice and smooth!
    would be real cool!