BM3-General MIDI File Import/Export

Been holding my breath for the release of BM3 for a loooong time! ;)

Just wondering if BM3 would allow the import of multi-channel General MIDI song files, and be able to automatically create multiple tracks and match the BM3 internal sounds to the channel Instrument. This is something that I do not think BM2 can do(from memory I think BM2 can only import the entire file into one single track under one instrument).

I do use GM files a lot(both because I have a huge collection and that I often receive GM from composers who compose their piece on desktop with the likes of Sibelius/Musecore and send me their exported GM files and it would be great to be able to listen to and edit these files. Currently I believe the only DAW apps on the iPhone(I do use my iPhone more than the iPad) is Music Studio which does quite a good job in this. It can also export the project as a multi-channel GM file as well.

Please, let this function be in BM3!!!

Comments

• Over the moon hearing the launch date for BM3! Anyone have any idea about my question posted?
  • You can't do multiple track export of midi or wav in BM2? I'm sure you can.
  • MIDI export is not yet available in BM3 but will be back at some point!
    MIDI import is there -- you need to use the 'Files' browser mode and drag'n'drop the files onto the SONG editor.

Cheers,
    Mathieu.

• edited July 2017

@mathieugarcia said:
    MIDI export is not yet available in BM3 but will be back at some point!
    MIDI import is there -- you need to use the 'Files' browser mode and drag'n'drop the files onto the SONG editor.

Cheers,
    Mathieu.

Please Mat.... This is a must have feature... We need it..

• I was able to import a MIDI file via drag'n'drop. Are there any instructions on doing a GM mapping? I looked through the Content Store for a GM Kit, but didn't see any. I discovered a nasty bug. When I tried to use the search function in the store it causes BM3 to crash.