16 Levels For Velocity

Is the velocity on the y axis the replacement for this?

Comments

• It seems so. Works nicely.

• Not for me it doesn't. Either way, brilliant piece of software, glaring omission.
  • You can do velocity when editing midi clips. Though I may have missed what you're asking for.

• It seems he wants the pads for velocity during performance, like the MPC.

• Oh I know you can. However, in BM2 the ability to map a pad to all sixteen at different velocities temporarily for the sake of laying a track was fundamental. I want to know, why such a fundamental ability in drum machines for about thirty years was removed? Or if not removed, it's hidden, or replaced by velocity on y, or perhaps this extra step of editing midi events.

I will say, I am blown by the software here and it even went to lengths some other competing pieces don't at several times the price so I congratulate the work done on this masterpiece.

So 16 Levels was removed in the transition from BM2 in lieu of this velocity on y?
  • Right you are jblongz
  • You can also use the Y axis of pads for velocity. In the pads view, press the small gear icon down the "FIXED VEL." zone.

It's not comparable to a proper 16-levels mode but it's worth trying out!

Cheers,
    Mathieu.

• edited July 2017

I'm not sure I get this?
    Does this mean that using maschine or push pads the velocity info will be ignored and be a fixed velocity/volume?