BM3 is simply amazing ! That is all. Over and out.

edited July 2017 in General
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Yep for a v1 it's pretty incredible. Hats off to intua.
  • Absolutely. A few issues, but generally - very impressed by the sheer quality of this. Chapeau.

• Without a doubt, the best app on my iPad now. So good that I removed a bunch of similar apps I had installed, and used the space I reclaimed for samples!

• Lol same here. Deleted all the other daws on my iPad. Just going to focus on mastering this and running all my other apps in it.
  • The future of BeatMaker, Audio Units, and the iPad Pro is great. I lived to see another evolution.
  • It's really heartwarming to read that. Being a small-scale company, it took three solid years to come up with the design and development. We want to be sure the app grows well from here and polish every aspect of it.

Thanks again for your support!

Mathieu.

• Personally i think the bank paradigm is a little broken, having an entire pad bank just to sequence 1 MIDI instrument on the timeline is overkill, especially when there are only 8 banks.
    But once they fix that i think the other DAW developers on IOS will have to step up their game for sure.
  • Yeah the sampler has some cool hidden features and is close to superb, they are on the right track with this for sure :)
  • @5pinlink said:
    Personally i think the bank paradigm is a little broken, having an entire pad bank just to sequence 1 MIDI instrument on the timeline is overkill, especially when there are only 8 banks.
    But once they fix that i think the other DAW developers on IOS will have to step up their game for sure.

Not sure I'd say it's entirely broken. I like the Pad paradigm for certain things the more I play with it, but I want it in addition to more conventional MIDI instruments.

And the more I think about it, the more I think introducing instrument racks (essentially a single pad from a bank) would be an awesome way to address this. It gives you the layering, without all the overhead (and UX complexity) of banks. And then midi tracks could either control external synths, or instrument racks (or even other parts of Beatmaker if you want to go all ModStep).

• It's true, we thought it would enough to just have 8 bank tracks in the sequencer and use the pattern editor "keys" mode to sequence multiple pads in one pattern. Even during the beta there were talks about this exact design choice.

With all the recent feedback we're getting, we will bring bank sub-tracks in the sequencer.

Cheers!
    Mathieu.

• Just want to say it is brilliant that you are listening as developers ;)
  • Yeah, thanks for listening and for responding in the forums. I just finished a BM3 session with a big smile on my face. Well done, @mathieugarcia and team!