BM3 - Is it me or what?

BM3 is great but I can't seems to find a few things, have they been omitted?

These were meant to be part of BM3:
Swing per Pad
Swing per Bank

Also,
No renaming anything after saving?
Can't select more than one pad at a time?

I'm hoping it's me because I've been looking through the manuals and can't see anything about the above...

Comments

• Yeah... Selecting more than one pad thing...
    • Swing per pad / bank is in the backlog.
    • Multi-selection is something we're considering too, especially because it was used extensively in BM2.
    • To rename you can "Save Session As..." but we're considering adding a proper rename feature. It's a bit tricky though!
  • Renaming sessions and samples is needed rapidly, building up a sample library by exporting, and haveing a library full of randomly simalary named samples, not good.
    Sample and session rename just in the browser will be fine.
  • Probably a good idea just to save your samples in banks. If you need to rename them just make the changes and save a new one. Then delete the original. renaming samples taken from the General directory could change bank configurations so I think that's why they chose this approach.
  • Changing a pad or bank name doesnt change a sample name.
    The browser should have the ability to rename samples and sessions, you cant always dumb down feature sets because somebody may make a mistake, that really is the users choice to learn.
  • @5pinlink said:
    Renaming sessions and samples is needed rapidly, building up a sample library by exporting, and haveing a library full of randomly simalary named samples, not good.
    Sample and session rename just in the browser will be fine.

Samples can already be renamed in the 'browser'. Hit edit select the file and at the bottom you've got rename.
    If I remember correctly sessions use relative-paths to the samples within a session so renaming the session file should be possible.

• No rename shows here ???
    Will go and investigate now, was the first thing i tried (i thought)
  • @5pinlink said:
    No rename shows here ???
    Will go and investigate now, was the first thing i tried (i thought)

• Aaaaah FFS, if you are in search/samples in the browser you have no rename, didn't even think documents would have different options for samples, doh
  • @5pinlink said:
    Aaaaah FFS, if you are in search/samples in the browser you have no rename, didn't even think documents would have different options for samples, doh

The 'search' view just shows the 'database' not the actual files.
    It could get quite confusing renaming an entry in the database without renaming the file :)

• edited July 2017
    Im used to desktop software, a browser is a browser, if i search and find a sample, i expect it to be the sample.
    Obviously mobile users are used to something else entirely.