How do I use this with Logic?

Hey guys, I use Logic as my daw. I just bought BM3 and would like to know how I would most effectively use this to make beats for Logic? Do I export and import it as an audio file? Can I make the beat in BM3 and sync it with a project? Can I share an editable session to Logic?

How do you guys share your audio to your DAW?

Comments

• I use an iConnectAudio 4 interface. With that I have 10 virtual channels to route between logic and the iPad. You can either use the iPad as an outboard fx panel or trigger sounds with a midi track in logic. But logic doesn't support Ableton link, that's why I haven't figured out yet how to sync logic with a sequencer on the iPad. But still, it's absolutely great to route between the computer and iPad. Highly recommended!

• Hi. I have the same question. What does that mean? Can I use Beatmaker 3 (didn't bought it yet) to use it as a midi step sequencer in Logic? So can I load any drum kit into logic, write in the beats in Beatmaker 3 and send the midi signals directly to play in logic?

Could you please describe a little bit your workflow or the possibilities? I'm really interested in using it with Logic instead of buying sth. like Maschine. Will this be possible?

• You can't use BM3 (the iOS Version) within Logic like a plugin.

But as I've just learned now - there will be a BM3 macOS Version some time in the future.
    https://intua.net/forums/discussion/4552/bm3-mac-osx#latest

The macOS App should then be loadable as an AU Plugin in Logic - and used just as all the other instruments.
    And I guess that project transfer between the iOS and macOS App should be pretty smooth (as long as you print your iOS instruments as Audio within the project - or maybe it could do that automatically when your're transferring)

But either way, it should be great.

• edited July 2017
    To be clear, there is a promised MacOS standalone that will load AU plugins, there is mention they will think about an AU version that loads as an AU plugin in MacOS hosts ;)
  • Well.... then they should REALLY think hard about it. :)

Because even though I would also be really interested in a standalone Version of BM3.
    Making it compatible with Logic (as a plugin) would be a really great and wise move.
    Logic is still hard to beat on macOS for the extent of it's features.

But nonetheless - if it's working as a full fledged DAW (unlimited effects and Routing, automation, etc.) AND supporting AU - maybe I'll ditch Logic :o

We'll see.
    I guess both versions would support a smooth project transfer from iOS I guess - which for me plays a huge part in finally making the iPad a real viable tool for (pre)production. (especially on the go)

8 out 10 times I won't start/use the iPad and fiddle around with it, when I have the big setup at home ready to start and no need for transferring stuff the complicated way. ;)

• I’m fairly certain that no MacOS version of BeatMaker will replace Logic as a DAW for me. I probably wouldn’t buy a standalone version of BM3 for Mac. Logic hosting BM3 would be another story, though.