Scale/Chords - Changing Key

edited July 2017 in General

Hi!

This is my first post. I don't often join forums, but Beatmaker 3 is just so amazing I had too!

I was wondering how you change the key for Scale/Chords mode please? :)

Comments

• I wondered to. It's on the bottom rite side. Has the note letter in between up and down arrows. Sorry.....don't have my ipad for a picture at the moment.
  • Doesn't that just change the octave ? (Sorry nowhere near my iPad either lol)
  • Hey no worries, thank you for your help! I thought it might be that. I assume you change it from octave to semitone to get the correct key? :)

• True. Seems to just stay in c.. what's up with that???

• You mean even if you change the key it stays in C? Sorry I'm still getting my head around it. Or it will actually change the key by switching to semitone?

• edited July 2017

Press the button that says "octave" and it changes to "semitone". Then the arrows change the key as far as I can see.

What annoys me is that when I play chords using this feature, I can't see anywhere what notes those chords have.

• The pads should be flashing in keys mode to indicate the notes the chord triggers?!
    (At least that's the way it works for me).

• @samu said:
    The pads should be flashing in keys mode to indicate the notes the chord triggers?!
    (At least that's the way it works for me).

This doesn't seem to work very consistently for me. Also the notes flash so quick I don't have time to see properly what notes are being triggered with complex chord progressions.

It would be much better if I could see the chord notes in pattern piano roll view after I have recorded them. Now it seems I only see the root note in that view.

• Hey!

In KEYS mode, you will find a OCTAVE/SEMITONES button just above the bottom right selector, to let you move octaves or semitones up or down. Also, if you have a scale set, only the keys from that scale will be displayed.

Hope this helps!
    Cheers,
    Mathieu.

• That's perfect, thank you for your help! Very much appreciated!