BM3, Record Midi CC data in a pattern (in real time)

Hi all!
I've a question that I try to solve since launch but I can't: it is possible to save CC Midi data to a pattern? I know that I can add Midi control CC throught the piano roll and touch and draw midi CC data, but the question is if I can record such data from another source ( a knob, another app such as midiLfos...).
In my workflow I add some IAA instruments, record notes and touch in real time the instruments parameters using midi CCs. In beatmaker this is awesome with AUs but I've no way to do it with IAA.
Any advice will be appreciated!
Thanks!

Comments

• iofiof
    edited July 2017

Another test: try to import MIDI files with CC automation data and BM3 does not import automation...
    @mathieugarcia, there is support for recording or importing MIDI CC data?
    Thanks

• Update on this?

• iofiof
    edited July 2017

I have not found a solution. Midi CC could be mapped to BM3 focus actions but none of them could record or send Midi CC messages so it seems that with current version it is not possible.
    The question is if it is planned to add support to record or import midi CC in a future...

• @iof
    I'm not sure if the following is what u mean but...
    There are two buttons with a letter at the top.
    One with a "Q" for disabling quantization (doesn't matter)
    Next to it there's an "A" button which is for enabling Automation recording.
    I hope this is what u were looking for.
  • iofiof
    edited July 2017

Thanks @dhaNiro, but this is only for AUs (which is wonderful) but for automating IAA we need Midi CC. Beatmaker supports midi CC inside the app, but could not be recorder or imported from another source (or I don't know how to do it...)

• Also looking for this feature, unable to record any CC.can someone confirm there's a bug ?

• This is very omportant for us users trying to automate IAA or external machines, please update.