Anyone using Bluetooth controller + BM3?

edited September 2017 in General
Thinking of copping one of the korg wireless controllers and a little behringer interface for sampling inputs.. Anyone using Bluetooth controller with BM3? If yes, how's the latency and connection? Playable and solid?
Thanks.

Comments

• I've got the Korg nanoKEY Studio.
    It's a perfect companion for Gadget and I kinda like the 'clunky' old computer keyboard feel to it :)

Do as I did. Go to a local music shop and try it out first. Bring your iPad with you and pair it in the shop.
    It's not for everyone but for me it's just perfect.

• @samu Haha, sweet, that's the exact controller I was interested to get!
  • Got the Korg nanoKey Studio its brilliant

• Cool, sounds like a winner :)
  • @samu @jose_bee I saw mention of the NKS having a programmable arpeggio onboard but couldn't find details of exactly what was meant by that. Can you punch in a user sequence of the keys and store it and then play that sequence, transposing along the keys, like an arpeggio?
  • The Korg nanoKEY Studio has similar arpeggio patterns built in as Gadget.
    Only thing I miss on it is to quickly change the midi-channel, other than that it works well for me.

• edited July 2017

Download the user-guide for the nanoKEY Studio here.
    http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/manual/0/551/2967/

• Cool, thanks
  • Using nano as well! Works, but discovered a few bugs and glitches here and there, overall a beautiful little controller! Pretty nice feel to the pads as well, drumming with one hand and all! I wish there was a pad/controller bank like akai with ABC banks.

Peace!

• @StrangerKloud said:
    Using nano as well! Works, but discovered a few bugs and glitches here and there, overall a beautiful little controller! Pretty nice feel to the pads as well, drumming with one hand and all! I wish there was a pad/controller bank like akai with ABC banks.

Peace!

On the NanoKey Studio, hold down Shift and select one of the 8 pads to change Pad/Knob scenes. You’ll need to edit them in the Software Editor - they’re all the same controls from the factory...

• Glad to know this is working well. It's hard to get every device out there and test them.

Thanks for the update!
    Cheers,
    Mathieu.

• Im having issues in ios 11 beta
    The bluetooth doesnt work for the korg nanostudio keys and it doesnt work connected thru through usb either in BM3
    Any plans to fix this?

• @Richuill said:
    Im having issues in ios 11 beta
    The bluetooth doesnt work for the korg nanostudio keys and it doesnt work connected thru through usb either in BM3
    Any plans to fix this?

Working fine on my end with PB2. You do have the Korg BLE-MIDI App installed, right?

• Yes.....its installed....the bluetooth doesnt work at all on public beta 2 for me......it shows in the app but it doesnt connect
    But if i connect the keyboard through the camera connector it work in other apps but not in BM3

• There is a menu at the bottom the MIDI Menu that says 'Connect Bluetooth MIDI' - does pressing that (and selecting the Korg in the popup menu) connect it?

• @jcurtis said:

@StrangerKloud said:
    Using nano as well! Works, but discovered a few bugs and glitches here and there, overall a beautiful little controller! Pretty nice feel to the pads as well, drumming with one hand and all! I wish there was a pad/controller bank like akai with ABC banks.

Peace!

On the NanoKey Studio, hold down Shift and select one of the 8 pads to change Pad/Knob scenes. You’ll need to edit them in the Software Editor - they’re all the same controls from the factory...

@jcurtis said:

@StrangerKloud said:

Peace!

Ah thank YOU for those amazing tips, need to peep that!

• Hi guys, im using the Roland A-01 keyboard in every Bluetooth enabled app I have apart from BM3. It just won't work for me.

It shows in the midi settings but will not actually trigger any samples or synths.

It works superb with BeatHawk and GarageBand.

I have contacted support and so far have only been able to confirm that I have set it up correctly. Matthieu suggested I come to this thread to see if you guys have any suggestions.
    Cheers

• @Kali said:
    Hi guys, im using the Roland A-01 keyboard in every Bluetooth enabled app I have apart from BM3. It just won't work for me.

It shows in the midi settings but will not actually trigger any samples or synths.

I have contacted support and so far have only been able to confirm that I have set it up correctly. Matthieu suggested I come to this thread to see if you guys have any suggestions.
    Cheers

I've the Roland A-01 too but no luck either. It shows in Midi Settings but midi binding won't work!

• Strange, welp, I guess I'll get one and see what's the issue with it.

• @slaq said:

@Kali said:
    Hi guys, im using the Roland A-01 keyboard in every Bluetooth enabled app I have apart from BM3. It just won't work for me.

Cheers

I've the Roland A-01 too but no luck either. It shows in Midi Settings but midi binding won't work!

Good to know it's not just me. Thanks for posting slaq. Guess I'll be sticking with BeatHawk for a while.

• It's a strange issue with Roland A-01 and BM3. My Yamaha MD-BT01 bluetooth adapter (https://de.yamaha.com/de/products/music_production/accessories/md-bt01/index.html
    works without any trouble...just to inform ;)

• edited July 2017
    @mathieugarcia
    If you have a debug version of the app and want to flip it over, i can do any tests you need doing on the A01 and send you the results ;)
  • mentioned in another thread no midi arriving via CCK and zoom U-24 or emu midi 1x1

• Update: Roland A01 now working in the 3.01 update.
    Thank you Mathieu.

@Kali said:

@slaq said:

@Kali said:

Cheers

Good to know it's not just me. Thanks for posting slaq. Guess I'll be sticking with BeatHawk for a while.

• @Kali said:
    Update: Roland A01 now working in the 3.01 update.
    Thank you Mathieu.

@Kali said:

@slaq said:

@Kali said:

Cheers

Ah great. Thanks for letting me know :)