Lack of sample content?

Hi, just bought beatmaker 3 and downloaded the free starter pack and bought the Ludwig drum pack. On the website it mentions it ships with 650+ mb of material but with everything I've downloaded BM 3 barely hits 400mb when I look at my iPad storage.. that is with the app and included data.. that seems to be falling way short of 650+mb samples.. It seems pretty light on for kits from what I have (only 4 drum kits included?!) am I missing something? Where is the extra data? Thanks

Comments

• Hi there @shanecgriffo !

We have some freebies coming very soon. Working on bringing a more coherent variety of packs too.
    Those are the initial packs so bear with us!

Stay tuned,
    Mathieu.

• Hi, this site got a lot of drumkits: https://www.reddit.com/r/Drumkits/

• @shanecgriffo said:
    Hi, just bought beatmaker 3 and downloaded the free starter pack and bought the Ludwig drum pack. On the website it mentions it ships with 650+ mb of material but with everything I've downloaded BM 3 barely hits 400mb when I look at my iPad storage.. that is with the app and included data.. that seems to be falling way short of 650+mb samples.. It seems pretty light on for kits from what I have (only 4 drum kits included?!) am I missing something? Where is the extra data? Thanks

We are many users that don't see a problem here...
    First of all, the internet is full with good samples that is royaltyfree.
    Second, perhaps you have a lot of nice apps installed before you bought Beatmaker 3, just record them as loops and save to you collection...

• edited July 2017

@ErrkaPetti said:

@shanecgriffo said:

We are many users that don't see a problem here...
    First of all, the internet is full with good samples that is royaltyfree.
    Second, perhaps you have a lot of nice apps installed before you bought Beatmaker 3, just record them as loops and save to you collection...

Might be true that "some" users don't see a problem here.... BUT if it is advertised on the website and then not delivered - then to me this is false advertisement. :/
    No matter where you can get samples "additionally". It's not the point - or else Intua should advertise it as such.
    It's misleading Information.

• @william77 go to the sample store in the app. @mathieugarcia saud there would be some freebies on the way.
  • @LucidMusicInc said:
    @william77 go to the sample store in the app. @mathieugarcia saud there would be some freebies on the way.

Well, I can't. I doesn't work for me. I've already opened a thread and also contacted the support via email - but no one's reacting or adressing the problem.
    Even though it doesn't affect the most users - I seem not to be the only one with this problem.

But I'm running on iOS11 Beta - so I can't exclude it as an iOS problem yet and have to wait until iOS11 gets the official release.
    Nonetheless I've already posted it in the other thread, asking how to obtain the samples without the sound store.
    Because there WAS a link on their Website: https://intua.net/sounds-packs/
    But it gave you an 404 Site.

Now they've removed the linke silently from their website - but didn't answer my question or got back to me directly.

Don't know - makes me wonder.......

• iam running IOS 11 Also, i dont have that problem, i can access the store

• If you lack samples.....using the sampler to sample probably would help a lot with that. Just saying.
  • Hey guys!

Can confirm, we're preparing the two freebies for you. We also added proper file tagging from the files browser, so we're carefully tagging all samples.

Keep an eye on the social feeds and the sound store :-)
    Cheers,
    Mathieu.

• edited July 2017

@KudZu_Tang said:
    If you lack samples.....using the sampler to sample probably would help a lot with that. Just saying.

I don't "lack" samples. But that is also NOT THE POINT.

Let's put it that way.
    If you go to a restaurant and order a meal that includes a steak, fries and a salad.
    But then you receive just a the steak and salad without the fries.

Would you complain and ask for the advertised (and paid) fries?
    Or just "accept" it and get the fries elsewhere?

Don't know - but my feeling tells me - when you buy something as advertised including those sound packs - you should also receive those sound packs. (which I can't - because the app doesn't let me - but download through the sound store is mandatory)

If you buy a new car - you wouldn't want to have to "organize" the tires frome elsewhere first - so that you can use it.
    Just saying.

• @mathieugarcia said:
    Hey guys!

Can confirm, we're preparing the two freebies for you. We also added proper file tagging from the files browser, so we're carefully tagging all samples.

Keep an eye on the social feeds and the sound store :-)
    Cheers,
    Mathieu.

Sub categories doesn't work FYI (Confirmed by others) so the tagged stuff will need the build that you are making them with to work, no ?

• @shanecgriffo said:

Fun fact: the Intua guys just covertly "removed" the claim of those 650+mb of sound material on their website.
    Obviously they realised their "problematic" claim.
    But that's not the expected "solution" for the ones who bought the app before hand.

Makes me really wonder about their business politics.

• @william77 you can wonder all you like but unless you can actually build a better app yourself you ought to just be grateful. The samples are probably at the bottom of everyone's priority list anyway. Why not just chop something up?
  • @william77 said:
    Fun fact: the Intua guys just covertly "removed" the claim of those 650+mb of sound material on their website.
    But that's not the expected "solution" for the ones who bought the app before hand.

It was a leftover from the BeatMaker 2 app description, we're not trying to 'cover up' anything, come on...

• edited July 2017

@mathieugarcia said:

@william77 said:

It was a leftover from the BeatMaker 2 app description, we're not trying to 'cover up' anything, come on...

That's something that I as a first time customer CAN NOT know - and am not aware of.
    Sorry, I don't have a crystal ball.

But if it's on the BM3 page - than that's what I'm perceiving.
    And that claim sure additionally helped to sell the app.

So.... while we're at it - and you obviously read the posts. Why not go the easy road and make a happy customer by providing my some download links or fix my sound store problem?

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    @william77 you can wonder all you like but unless you can actually build a better app yourself you ought to just be grateful. The samples are probably at the bottom of everyone's priority list anyway. Why not just chop something up?

Well, I made my valid point.
    You might have a different point of view and different priorities.

But it's a moot argument of yours. I can't build a better app myself - but Intua also can't print money.
    If they could - they would eventually go the direct route - instead of programming an app to earn them money.

And here's the point (again) - I paid THEM money for the whole ADVERTISED package - but didn't receive the WHOLE package.

Why the f*ck should I be GRATEFUL? They didn't give it to me for free. They took my hard earned money.
    The industry I work in - if you promise - you have to deliver. That's just how it works.
    If you don't - you're out of business pretty fast.
    (Yeah, I know in the software industry that "BETA" thing is kinda the normal Business model nowadays)

As you obviously don't care MUCH about other peoples priorities - I honestly don't care much about yours.

• edited July 2017

Sorry if it led to some confusion, @william77, that was an honest mistake. We were rushing to put the website back in place and this one slipped.

• edited July 2017

@mathieugarcia said:
    Sorry if it led to some confusion, @william77, that was an honest mistake. We were rushing to put the website back in place and this one slipped.

Explanation accepted :)
    I was just a bit puzzled that nobody answered in the forum - but then that change on the website happened - which made it seem a bit suspicious. ;)

And I'm just a bit nerved, that almost everybody CAN access the sound store - except me. :o
    For no particular reason it seems - because others run the iOS beta too and don't seem to have that problem?

Which business-wise is more worse for you than me - because that means that I also can't access the paid content of your store - and I'm NOT one of those stingy iOS users who cringe because an app costs 20+$. - But I'm not sure if I'll still care that much about your sound store - when I've packed my BM3 with 3rd party samples.

• please try deleting bm3 and reinstall it, soft reset your device, ive been on IOS 11 Beta since first release even trhough Bm3 wasnt released back then i havent had any issues with bm3 since release. i think there is something with your device, or internet connection, are you on cell or wifi?

• edited July 2017

@Hansson0728 said:
    please try deleting bm3 and reinstall it, soft reset your device, ive been on IOS 11 Beta since first release even trhough Bm3 wasnt released back then i havent had any issues with bm3 since release. i think there is something with your device, or internet connection, are you on cell or wifi?

Did that, sacrificed my 1st BM3 project for it. Didn't work.
    I'm on a 90 Mbit/s connection (full performance at that).
    And it's a brand new / mint iPad Pro 12.9" - 128GB (1st Generation)

I rather think there's something weird with the App or in combination with iOS.
    But I updated to iOS11 public beta 3 yesterday and the problem is still there.

But I'll try the reinstall/reset again tonight - we'll see.

• @william77 said:

Explanation accepted :)
    I was just a bit puzzled that nobody answered in the forum - but then that change on the website happened - which made it seem a bit suspicious. ;)

No worries about that @william77, it's your right to ask about the content, and I'm glad we could discuss this together. Fairness and loyalty to the community is paramount.

And I'm just a bit nerved, that almost everybody CAN access the sound store - except me. :o
    For no particular reason it seems - because others run the iOS beta too and don't seem to have that problem?

Extremely strange, are you using iOS11 beta 4? I could send over the free pack to you, if you want.

Which business-wise is more worse for you than me - because that means that I also can't access the paid content of your store - and I'm NOT one of those stingy iOS users who cringe because an app costs 20+$. - But I'm not sure if I'll still care that much about your sound store - when I've packed my BM3 with 3rd party samples.

Yeah hard to tell, we're using AWS to host the content, and it's pretty complex with the various regions etc. Are you able to access https://intua.net without any problem from the device? Also, what does exactly happen: infinite loading ? A blank page ?

Cheers :-)
    Mathieu.

• edited July 2017

I've already posted screenshots in this thread here:

https://intua.net/forums/discussion/comment/17676/#Comment_17676

I also have weird behaviour on the IAA side of things - as shown in the other screenshots.
    All the IAA icons don't seem to work - are all blank/generic.

With the sound store - it's just a blank page and the load Icon on the right upper side does it's thing - but nothing happens....