BeatMaker 3.0.3 is now LIVE!

edited September 2017 in General

Current status: LIVE ON THE APP STORE!

• Added a keyboard shortcut in the global navigation bar for quick access of the currently selected instrument, from any screen.
  • Double keyboard mode is now available in the full-screen keyboard screen.
  • It is now possible to adjust the master tuning of a session (Settings > GENERAL).
  • Max undo/redo history is now 64.
  • Visual improvements on the sample editor markers, selection and tools.
  • Visual improvements on the audio export panel.
  • Improved the GENERAL settings, cleaner CPU/RAM meters and options.
  • Preview volume setting now applies to the sample editor and audio recorder previews.
  • Added copy & paste in pattern editor.
  • Added two new slice snapping (left/right) tools in the full-screen sample editor. The default behavior can also be set in the settings screen.
  • 6-band EQ graph now shows frequencies up to 20kHz.
  • It is now possible to draw the note length by long-pressing a new note on the pattern editor.
  • When a track is muted (or excluded from the solo group), no MIDI data will be sent on output.
  • It is now possible to set the current chord/scale from the full-screen keyboard.
  • It is now possible to scroll piano roll vertically using left keyboard
  • Peak meters cosmetic improvements.
  • It is now possible to set SCENE trigger quantize value In the perform screen in SCENE mode.
  • Chords/Scales screens are now available along with the velocity, roll and wheels zone.
  • Added “Fade In” parameter in sampler SLICE mode. Note that this is a shortcut to the amplitude envelope Attack parameter.
  • Full-screen step modulator improvements: display the value tooltip and the small keyboard.
  • Fixed multiple crashes that would occur while editing and managing samples and layers in the editor.
  • Fixed various sample start/end and loop start/end related issues.
  • Fixed a crash that would happen while exporting, with samples in disk streaming mode.
  • Fixed reading of samples that have more than 2 channels.
  • Fixed a visual glitch in the library browser category filters and results, that would bogusly get stuck, showing no items.
  • Fixed a visual glitch in the audio export panel that would make it impossible to export multiple tracks in WAV format.
  • Fixed an issue where loading a preset on an existing bank would change the current bank and bank group.
  • Fixed an issue with the MIDI OMNI settings button.
  • Fixed an issue where AIFF samples were not tagged properly.
  • Fixed an issue with MIDI device listing in the settings screen.
  • Fixed auto-scale crash on audio clips on the sequencer.
  • Fixed trigger of audio pattern in SCENE mode.
  • Fixed MIDI transposition selection.
  • Fixed pads / solo bug where bank would stay in solo after disabling solo on last pad.
  • Fixed file size labels for < 1kB files, which would bogusly display “0 byte”.
  • Fixed a crash that could happen while displaying a delete modulator.
  • Fixed support of Bluetooth speakers (through A2DP / iOS10+ only).
  • Fixed effects preset listing glitch.
  • Fixed an issue where the sample selection would not reset upon sample, pad, bank or session change.
  • Fixed a crash that would happen while changing the default audio preview volume after creating a new session.
  • Fixed peak meter highest value indicators that wouldn't decay down completely.
  • Fixed an crash that could happen while loading a session from the welcome screen while an iOS pop-up appeared.
  • Fixed missing elapsed time label on the audio recorder.
  • Fixed an issue with layers folders in the editor SAMPLES tab.
  • Minor visual improvements around the app.

Comments

• Great update! Nice job :)
  • Awesome. I've got a few large patches of mapped samples that I need to set loop points on. I'm going to kick that down the road until the update hits and enjoy the all new improvements!!
  • Excellent, thanks for the sample editor improvements!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited September 2017
    Edit: Big thumbs up!!!
  • @mathieugarcia and @vincent,

Wow!

Just WOW!

Once again 'wow' :-)

King

• Looks like a good release :)

• Im going through stylus's at the minute to make a bit of a start on a compatibility thread, so sausage fingers are negated hah.

• edited September 2017

There are still some cases of pure horribleness in BM3 for me.

Trying to adjust a dial with your finger accurately when the value readout is under your finger (What the actual f**k, put the damn value next to the dial like all the others, poor poor design, too late to change now i suspect)

Trying to adjust a dial when it is at the bottom of the screen and bam, you run out of screen.

Trying to adjust a dial accurately and you have no idea if it is going to be one of the super fast moving dials, or super slow moving dials.

Selecting a note and creating a new note by mistake, then trying to select that new mistake note to delete it and creating another.

Using the zoom button in the piano roll which shrinks so small vertically that you can see all 128 notes, then trying to resize using pinch zoom and realising that my wrist actually doesn't twist that way and smashing the iPad off the wall is the much better option right now anyway.

The list does go on quite a bit, but my negativity is frowned upon in here, so i have curbed it.

• Hopefully it will all get fixed

• The value of a knob should be a floating box out to the side with the value in it as you move the dial. Touchable has this and it's fantastic.

• edited September 2017

Great update! I would like to see recording performances in scene mode into song mode in a future update.

• @5pinlink said:

The list does go on quite a bit, but my negativity is frowned upon in here, so i have curbed it.

Negativity is always welcomed! :) Anyway, I don't really use BM3 much as of yet, because I'm still not sure if my problems are from user error, bugs in the app or just simply lack of easy workflow (for me, I know that many are quite comfortable with the layout). I remain optimistic that things will get worked out - this latest update seems to address many glitches.

• Negativity is ok, but doing it in a constructive manner is optimal. Not saying you are doing it in a non-constructive manner @5pinlink just stating that when anyone does things in an insulting, demeaning, etc, way then people will most likely retaliate. Sometimes people are super passionate about how a specific thing disrupts their workflow and go off on it. That's ok, but when someone is just going off on everything, then they should probably just move on, IMHO. I don't see you doing that at all.

I, for one, appreciate your candor and ideas immensely so keep up the good work!

• I think i should probably just post a lot less by the looks of things haha

• Nice update.
  • +1 fix the zoom. Set a max zoom out limit. No vertical zoom needed!!!!!!!
  • Nice work on this update! Very cool.
  • I'm liking the "visual improvements" like consolidating the chord/scales into the velocity/roll "zone" and incorporating a keyboard shortcut on the sidebar... copy and paste to the pattern editor and adjusting the note length. So stoked to try out this new version! :smiley:
  • no fix/change for the current au and iaa Problems? perhaps they are gone with iOS 11?

• but anyway: nice update!

• Nobody has really discussed the addition of a master session tuning function, but that's a huge thing for me! Totally unexpected too!
This discussion has been closed.