Kits not loading right after update

edited June 2012 in Support
Intua Team,

Since the latest update, the .bmkz files I'm importing through Filezilla for some reason are not populating as kits for the pads. Now the .wav files only appear as samples. Is there a know bug or a new way to bring kits in?

Thank you!

Comments

• edited 4:54PM
    Bump...

Anyone have a what may have happened? The file get downloaded, I use FileZilla to import... and instead presets, they only come up as samples. Each kit has 16 .wav files so my sample library becomes cluttered. It's kinda frustrating.
    yeah im having that same same problem help
  • Hello,

Thanks for reporting the bug, we'll look into the issue and report back.
    Stay tuned for the next update !

Thank you for your understanding,
    Mathieu.
    I'm having the same problem.Has a bug fix been developed?It is really frustrating because it worked well before.I don't think the problem is FTP related either because the same problem happens when transferring kits via Dropbox.
  • Hi coolD,

I've fixed the bug a couple of days ago, which was related to the unzipping process.
    In the meantime, you can try to unzip the .bmkz file into a new directory, then zip the directory back and rename the .zip file to .bmkz.

This should fix the issue, but I understand this is not optimal at all.
    Stay tuned for the next update.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
    Mathieu
    Matthieu,

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll give that a shot. I had already used a more crude workaround by unzipping the .wav files and manually creating the kits in BM. This will be even better.

Many thanks, keep up the great working with this amazing software!
    The unpacking and rezipping method isn't working for me either.
    Hi,

@jaybrody: Could you please send me the problematic .bmkz file to support[at]intua[dot]net ?
    As I mentioned before, the update fixes the issue but another double-check is worth a try !

Thanks,
    Mathieu.
    hi
    same problem for me i think
    i made a load of kits with beatpack and they're not listed in the folderonce i've done the transfer.
    i can only locate the wavs?
    i've read all the threads but am still confused?
    i don't understand the zip unzip method intua suggested.
    is it a problem with beatmaker or beatpack?
    i made and transferred a kit 6 months ago and it works fine?

any help would be appreciated as i spent half a day making kits as i'm
    seriously thinking of switching to beatmaker as main music making device.
    goodbye logic and mpc etc but problems like this make me think twice.

thanks

j
    Hi,

Another solution is to manually unzip the .BMKZ file and transfer the content via DropBox or FTP. To do that, change the extension of your .bmkz to .zip then unzip to a directory.

As I mentioned earlier, next update fixes the issue.

Cheers,
    Mathieu.
    Hi,

Another solution is to manually unzip the .BMKZ file and transfer the content via DropBox or FTP. To do that, change the extension of your .bmkz to .zip then unzip to a directory.

As I mentioned earlier, next update fixes the issue.

Cheers,
    Mathieu.

Hey Mathieu,

Would that preserve the kits or would I have to recreate it in BM from the individual samples?

BTW, what is the anticipated date for the next update?

Thanks
    Still no change, so im gonna go back to beatmaker 1 untill yall do the up date.
    But this is still the best beat making app there is.