BeatMaker interapp and Thor

Hey guys

I've just started using beatmaker again as Auria is just not happening for me.

I really want to use Thor in beatmaker but am not sure how to set it up correctly . The only way I can see it working is by using interapp, setting beatmaker to start recording with the metronome then switching back and forth to record what I need, is that really the only way? Is there a way to use a keyboard in beatmaker which plays the sounds from the external synths?

Any advice on this would be great.

Thanks guys

Comments

• edited January 2017
    Hey @BigDeezel,

It's easier to create an empty keyboard or drum sampler that will only send notes to Thor from within BeatMaker 2.
    This way, you can play and record patterns using the sequencer, and record them back with an audio track.

You should totally check those tutorials videos, they showcase using multiple IAAs and how to record them:

Cheers !
    Mathieu.
  • intua said:

Hey @BigDeezel,

It's easier to create an empty keyboard or drum sampler that will only send notes to Thor from within BeatMaker 2.
    This way, you can play and record patterns using the sequencer, and record them back with an audio track.

You should totally check those tutorials videos, they showcase using multiple IAAs and how to record them:

Cheers !
    Mathieu.

Thanks buddy and thanks for the link

However perhaps I'm confused but I want to send the sounds from Thor and record them into Beatmaker sequencer, is this possible with yr method..?

• edited January 2017
    Hey @BigDeezel !

You need to create two tracks to make this work:

• One keyboard sampler (empty preset), that will only send MIDI notes to Thor.
    • One "IAA Track", which is basically just an audio track configured automatically to work with the plugin you choose

You can create a small pattern for that empty keyboard sampler on the sequencer that will send notes to Thor.
    Then, you hit record from the transport bar, the sequencer will play the pattern, and audio will be recorded back on the audio track.

Something like this: http://imgur.com/a/fAVrP

Hope this helps !
    Cheers,
    Mathieu.
  • Thanks buddy

I guess that works with most other music apps aswell...?

Is there anything else i should think about before diving right in and recording my tracks like this, something I can do now to avoid issues at the end..?

One final thing, the positioning of the midi track and the audio recording are different, the midi track is slightly in front of the audio track, is there anything I can do to fix this..?

Thank you
  • Hey @BigDeezel

Yes, the workflow is the same for any other IAA or Audiobus connected apps; you should be fine with that setup !

You can adjust the audio recording perfectly by doing so:

- Select the audio clip on the timeline, then press the edit "pen" yellow icon (top right)
    - Adjust the start marker so it starts exactly where you want to
    - Exit the editor

Hope this helps !
    Cheers,
    Mathieu.
  • intua said:

Hey @BigDeezel

Yes, the workflow is the same for any other IAA or Audiobus connected apps; you should be fine with that setup !

You can adjust the audio recording perfectly by doing so:

- Select the audio clip on the timeline, then press the edit "pen" yellow icon (top right)
    - Adjust the start marker so it starts exactly where you want to
    - Exit the editor

Hope this helps !
    Cheers,
    Mathieu.

Dope thankyou!!!