BM3 Beat Battle 02 (Entries by Oct 31st)

Battle 02 "Daughters Drums"

Let's keep things light, fun, creative, entertaining, and friendly. Please.

I've made a special FREE 32-piece drumkit for Beatmaker 3 which you guys can download instantly by signing up for my Beatmaker 3 / samples / sounds email list here: http://www.Electronisounds.com (You can easily unsubscribe later if you want to...)

If you have a problem giving your email address and joining my email list, you can download the free drumkit here instead: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4edx9knmkhis86b/Electronisounds-CopperKit.zip?dl=0

Open one of the above links on your iPad and follow the instructions to download and import the drum kit directly into Beatmaker 3 (or download on your laptop or desktop and import via icloud / dropbox / iMazing)

GET TO STEPPIN' !

1. Download the FREE Copper drumkit for Beatmaker 3
  2. ONLY use the free drumkit for all of your drum sounds in your track and make some music that MAKES YOU SMILE :)
  3. You can tweak the drum sounds, chop them, pitch them, re-sample them, effect them, loop them, glitch them or eat them - ANYTHING GOES - just do not use any other drum sounds other than the Copper drum kit and what you can tweak out of it.
  4. You can use any synth and effect plugins, melodic patches, melodic sounds or melodic samples that you like - JUST DO IT!
  5. NO GENRE RESTRICTIONS - just have fun, GET SOMETHING MADE AND SUBMITTED! :) :) :)
  6. Render it out and submit it to forum challenge 02

SUBMISSION DEADLINE is OCTOBER 31st

(but we are of course pretty flex around here)

I will also give the winner a free sample pack or sound bank of their choosing from Electronisounds...
Maybe we could add a few more prizes, too... (?)

THESE ARE THE RULES.
Winner makes the rules for the next contest.
If you are unhappy with the rules, you need to win the contest and set your own rules for the next one :)

Forum challenge 02 entries so far:

Comments

• Thanks @DeanDaughters

It's a pleasure doing battle aginst you for another month (if that doesn't sound weird)

If you've ever seen Wacky Races, consider me as Dastardly and Muttley hot on your heels in second place!

• For Battle #01 we created a Submissions thread like this one, and a separate Discussions thread, to keep this area more focused on the entries.

I wonder if the simpler rules means we might be able to just keep everything in this one thread. (Let's see how it goes, and adjust accordingly)

• Simple and loopy in F. Nothing exciting or particularly original.

I managed to use 7 of @DeanDaughters drum samples. And a bit of Fingerfiddle, a LayR preset, some extra GarageBand strings and a couple of patterns round-tripped through Groovebox (because bouncy synths!).

• I am going to ask before it all gets silly @TheMediocritist did you use BM3 or just the samples, you didnt say ?
    Before anybody gets funny, while it was implied that BM3 would be used in the rules, it was not stated, so dont get funny about people using other apps or even desktop computers or hardware instead.
    The winner chooses the rules, so go and win if its a problem !!!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @TheMediocritist - I totally dig what you made here - Nice one! :)

• @5pinlink said:
    I am going to ask before it all gets silly @TheMediocritist did you use BM3 or just the samples, you didnt say ?

Fair question. I sequenced and rendered it in Beatmaker 3.

FingerFiddle was recorded live to AUM then loaded into BM and looped and looped and... I intended to clip samples from it, but kinda liked the organicness of the meandering incompetence. The music boxish sound was sequenced in BM3 with LayR as iAA and audio bounced to a pad. Groovebox synths were sequenced in BM3, recorded in Groovebox and exported back to BM3. Rising strings were sequenced in GarageBand and exported as a 4 bar loop. I guess I could have sequenced that in BM3, exported midi etc, but that’s a lot of effort for just 6 notes!

And that’s all. 3 drum patterns, 5 patterns triggering samples.

Thanks for the encouragement @triton100 and @DeanDaughters. First time I’ve shared anything musical, so it’s appreciated. I’ll push myself a bit further next time.

• @TheMediocritist said: kinda liked the organicness of the meandering incompetence

+1 for this <3

@TheMediocritist said: First time I’ve shared anything musical, so it’s appreciated.

+2 for this <3 and Nice one!

• @triton100 said: then I thought f*** that s***. You only have one life yadda yadda. It was enjoyable.

<3 <3 <3

Well done, mate!

• edited October 2017
    Breaking barriers.. both personal and professional. This is exactly what makes Battles so cool!

Congrats both @triton100 and @TheMediocritist. I hope you continue to grow in confidence as musicians this way - one battle at a time.
  • @DeanDaughters (im not getting involved before anybody groans, just a suggestion)
    Might be an cool to copy n paste the entry links to the bottom of your original post as they come in, save scouring through the thread at the end to collect them all, just an idea anyway ;)

• I was thinking the same thing as @5pinlink.

Dean, would you mind adding the entries to the bottom of your opening post when they come in, as 5pin suggests?
  • @5pinlink - Great suggestion - Done :)
    @tk32 - Nice work on the 2nd - I totally agree :)

• @TheMediocritist I look away for a while and come back late to the party - multilevel +'s to you! Well done! Crossing boundaries without a ferryman is always good :smile:
  • edited October 2017
    @DeanDaughters How about this for personal doubt- I'm considering deriving a track purely from the kit alone. You really did proffer a great kit here... serious kudos. I fear asking this though- it's not a creative blocker, but what about copyright? Any violations incurred by using the kit? (This and related question should be elsewhere- suggestions?)
  • @Nick said: what about copyright? Any violations incurred by using the kit?

Great question, @Nick :)

The samples in the Copper drumkit are all original sounds that I made.

I am giving this drumkit away free to everyone (not just Beatmaker 3 users).

You are allowed to use the sounds in the Copper drumkit in all of your music royalty free and copyright free.

:)

• @triton100 said:
    My submission for battle 1 was my first too, and I sung on it! Was so embarrassed at first and then I thought f*** that s***. You only have one life yadda yadda. It was enjoyable. And that was the bottom line.

Great attitude! I would never have guessed that was your first, and the vocals worked well.

• @DeanDaughters Wow. That is pretty impressive! The Copper kit is merchant grade IMO. INTUA should make enquiries with you about the Beatmaker Store at the very least. Seriously. Your care for sound and attention to detail is pretty evident @DeanDaughters. Hope my patience with BM3 lasts and I can make a stab at doing it justice :)

• edited October 2017
    @DeanDaughters i have changed the soundcloud link to http instead https in your OP, soundcloud embeds are currently broke, so if you remove the s at least they can be clicked and played ;)
  • @Nick - Thank you very much :)
    @5pinlink - Nice one! I didn't notice they were broken, so much appreciated :)

• Hey guys :)

Here's a little something I put together to help spread the word about our forum challenge and the free drumkit.
    Hope you like it <3

Please share it around and help me generate more interest in our challenge(s) here and maybe even more interest in Beatmaker 3 in general ;)

• I have put the link back to https, seems they are working again now ;)

• Thanks for spreading the word @DeanDaughters

Here's hoping we get many more entries this month!

• Hi everyone, and a big thank you to Dean for the free pack
    Here is my contribution :

I would say this is a pop track, with different synths (Zeeon, Poison 202, iSem and Elektron Analog Keys), and of course all drums from the copper drumkit. Everything is done on BM3 of course !

This is my very first contribution to a forum ever, and I nearly never share what I am doing at home, I am a complete amateur and I feel a bit embarassed, so please be indulgent !

• @Sygma - WOW! <3

Really sweet, man!
    You threw down some good heat on this track - This is FANTASTIC work!
    Nice one!

:D

• thanks for the kind words guys !