Odd time signatures?

edited July 2008 in General
Hi!

Question to BeatMaker users:

Does BeatMaker support creation of odd rhythms, e.g. 7/8, 5/4, etc.? I'm especially interested in the drum machine and creating odd beats, overrides and polyrhythms. Is this possible, or am I limited here.

Thanks!

Comments

• edited 11:30AM
    I would like to reiterate this question again...Hopefully we can get a reply from the Intua staff.
    ps-great work you all.
  • edited 11:30AM
    You cant set the time signature in the beat maker, but you can create odd beats on your own. There is the quantize button, if its selected the beat maker will make your timing perfect and 4/4 or whatever, but if you hit it again, you can add off timing hits and it does not "correct" the "mistakes" or "off time" hits. This makes it possible to get some complex drum patterns in there and not be limited to some digital interpretation with limited resolution.

Hope that helps, I have been working with the beat maker for a few days and have successfully written some decent metal drums using some samples I had been using in "logic" previously. This program is amazing for drums if your into rock, much better than any program I ever used.