Beatpack beatschmack

edited February 2010 in General
Firstly, I love the new live pad modes... Well done!

Can't wait for more (some?) apps to use the audio copy paste thing . I didn't want
to be tied down to a certain overpriced and 'futuristic' synth.

But Intua have gotta lose the beatpack thing. It's redundant, hard to use,
fiddly, buggy and annoying. Just a simple server to server over wifi copy
and paste function (like jasuto pro) is fine. Better to make ur kits up
on the fly anyway rather than before. What a stupid idea. Beatpack is like Sony 's sonic stage software
of yesteryear. No one liked it and now no one even uses Sony (that's why we're all on an apple device).

Couple more updates and beatmaker will be truly perfect!

More good work please!

Comments

• edited 12:04AM
    i don't think it's stupid at all.
    i think beatpack is pretty cool, it could use other features like sample pad playback, and maybe wave trim/edit for some last minute touches before making the kit file. looking forward to the updates and 1.3.5 is really cool
    Maybe beatpack is not stupid, it would just be easier to drag and drop files as if it was an external drive. That way you could transfer whole directories over at once without having to set the wifi and then directory structure every time. You could upload 100 kicks and 100 snares in one move rather than 20 or 30 kits each with 16 individual uploads!

Spread mode is cool, looking forward to further updates!
    I NEVER use Beatpack. I use ifunbox and Switch file converter to upload my samples. I took about 6000 samples from kits I had in FL Studio and now use them in Beatmaker flawlessly.
    Nice work.. Are those products u mentioned apps?
    For the PC. Ifunbox allows you access to the application folders in your phone if it's JB'ed. Switch is an audio converter. You converter a batch of files to a wav format suitable for Beatmaker and use Ifunbox to upload them in the My Kits section of the Beatmaker folder on the phone. I should not assume you have a jailbroken phone though.
    Yep it is not jbroken. Does this mean I cannot use this method?
    Yep it is not jbroken. Does this mean I cannot use this method?
    That is correct, you need to be Jailbroken to use SSH/ftp. Google "SSH iphone" for more info.