Transfering my song to daw to record?

edited November 2011 in Support
At this point unless i have missed something very crucial is a 5 minute process that takes and hour!

I made a track "vampire" in beatmaker to be used on our album. Okay cool right, this is the one i had to redo because your file system is lossy. Profanities did fly. None the less, i redid the music, and was like ahhhh, great. Went to the studio, to throw this bad boi down and drop vocals. Hahahahaha what a pain in the asssssssssssssss!

I had to solo each and every pad, record each on into my daw...and there were many....couldnt get the midi going so had to do all dj style....so each and every sample had to be "lefted" by guessing....if you dont know what lefting is, its where you have to slide the waveform to the left to compensate for the ms of human error when entering a play to record to a sequencer...it sucks....

Add a bounce button! So bm2 will make a wavefile that is time accurate...anything playing is bounced! This file can then be sent wifi, email, dropbox...? Export of wave aif would also be freakin fantastic! What is the point of using your app to make music if it sucks to get it into something to record songs? This is the biggest concern you should have right now. It is the whole point of the app, and it is shaddy. Imho. I literally spent 3 hours in the studio re arranging the whole song because of this, the process of transfer should have only took seconds.

If i am missing something let me know, as I am using your app on the album and i need any tips you may have for me.
Hopefully i have to retract my statement... I would rather this feature be available and i just am a total dummass.

Comments

• edited 11:40PM
    Hi,

We are currently improving our audio bouncing options to allow automatic track-by-track export.

Cheers,
    Colin
    Agreed. High priority update! along with non destructive sample editing.
    Being able to open an audio file from email straight to beatmaker2!
    dropbox support would also kick some bigtyme ass!

I guarantee almost every user you have would build a golden idol of you if you was to allow folder movement in the file menu!

track export sounds dope, thanx intua!
    Pray it comes soon. This will be next level stuff.
    A synth that kicks butt is cool, but not nearly as important to me as getting my projects in order, transferring sounds, and collaborating with my other team members.
    I shouldnt have to pray for a feature that should be standard.
    I might sound ugly about things, but i really would like to stay with this app...at this point its not gonna happen, too much tearing down and rebuilding in the end of a project for me to conduct serious business with this app. Its just not an easy to get things IN or OUT of. So what good is it really?
    Its like marrying the best looking girl in the world but she doesnt have sex
    Probably the best news I heard since the last update. This function is a must, because I have put a lot of projects on hold because I cannot transfer tracks over to my DAW individually. This just made my Whole week. So Now I can finish mixing and mastering my projects. I'm suped
    I made a track "vampire" in beatmaker to be used on our album. Okay cool right, this is the one i had to redo because your file system is lossy. Profanities did fly. None the less, i redid the music, and was like ahhhh, great. Went to the studio, to throw this bad boi down and drop vocals. Hahahahaha what a pain in the asssssssssssssss!

What do mean when you say that their file system is lossy?
    Beatmaker2 has a bunch of tiny issues that can lead to losing your saved files...

FTPs i have tried all ditch files on the way into...not out of beatmaker.
    Filezilla is the worst about this.

Causing the user to have to go resend a few more times...
    Time eater

I have lost several songs to the filetree, and last autosave might as well be nonexistant...it has never done to much to save anything for me to date.

I had to totally reprogram an album cut completely from scratch, cuz somehow or another it just didnt save a sequence at all? After i had saved it multiple times...stresssss... I searched every single file and never found it...i have no clue what happened still? I am a compulsive saver/varient renamer as i have produced for quite some many years. After that incident we had a second disappearing sequence... And then there is a third time... Not in the appropriate folder...or any other thing i could browse from beatmaker. I havent since had an issue, but more than likely because i dump everything into Logic right away as audio thru the outputs of the io dock(alesis)
    I have to say... Remember to save project -including checking the option 'copy sample files' in the save as dialog... This way you have collected your used samples for that track.

I backup regularly... You should too..

The upcoming version will save you the crappy time of rendering stems... It works great. But to get the best stems you should produce creating a new track (of pads instrument) for every sound, or sound-set you want to have as stem.

Dropbox works great too... So you can always have a backup there...

I work a lot on bm2 these days... Rarely had any troubles like you mention... I really stress the system... Push it hard to its limits on every track...

This new version is awesome but some minor bugs need to be worked out first... You'll very happy working with it... It's very usefull. A gigant leap forward.
    I have to say... Remember to save project -including checking the option 'copy sample files' in the save as dialog... This way you have collected your used samples for that track.

I backup regularly... You should too..

The upcoming version will save you the crappy time of rendering stems... It works great. But to get the best stems you should produce creating a new track (of pads instrument) for every sound, or sound-set you want to have as stem.

Dropbox works great too... So you can always have a backup there...

I work a lot on bm2 these days... Rarely had any troubles like you mention... I really stress the system... Push it hard to its limits on every track...

I save very often, possibly about every 5-10 minutes. I back up every session, no system is insured lol. I only save sample files if i use my own samples or perform edits...if not it kills you space by doubling and tripling memory used. I was losing the actual sequence file...the samples remained in the main tree.

I cant wait for the stem version!!!!!!!!

I push it quite hard myself!!!

are you familiar with my work? I kind of get the "you think Im a newbie" vibe from you. Roland probably hasnt made something that I havent owned except guitar gear.
    I've heard the stuff you have on your soundcloud. I like it, it's good. Horrorcore suits your personality a lot. Tragedy sounds a little soft for you though. The horrorcore stuff is better... you tend to go for that thug-beat meets old movie sound that I can tell is your strong point.

I'm sorry if I come up as treating you like a newbie, I was trying to contribute not patronize you. In a sense, I love coming to this forum... I pretty much do it daily... kind of addicting, dunno why... and I like the little community we have here... so please never think I'm looking down on you, I like the mix of people here, we all do something for the development of this app... even if it's just by talking.

I generally own guitar gear myself... And I still use my Roland XP-80 ... haha, best weighted keys ever.
    Thanks for listening!

Well, at least we are kinda introduced more fairly then.

As far as my favorite keys...hmmmm, i was into the keys on the ts12 ensoniq the most.
    A little heavy...but as the keyboard aged it was quite a good one.
    Worse keyboard ever triton studio 88 yuck!
    Of course those are my opinions.