Keyboard Kits

edited November 2011 in Support
Hi all,

First and foremost, this site is very helpful and the community effort to enhance the experience speaks volumes of the member talent pool.

I've downloaded drum kits but would like to get more out of the keyboard. Do you have any suggestions on how I can import? Am I not searching the forum with the proper key words?

All the best,

Dig

Comments

• As far as I know, there isn't a compiled collection of user-made BM2 keyboard kits available - no one has started one yet. However Intua has posted a video on how to make your own.

Most of the keyboard kits included in BM2 are made from two samples per octave, the notes in between are pitched up or down.
  • edited 11:34AM
    Truth is...
    There is no easy way to do this
    No sample package file via refill(reason)
    No import or export yet that is easy

I dont know if this is so there is no mass community library available to compete with a non existant to date library from intua? There is no knowing.

The collaboration ability of beatmaker2, so far is terrible....unworthy....the worst i have ever encountered on anything...even greedy roland hardware shares better.

Two producers working on the same album, will encounter too many problems to actually use this software seriously...and i state this because even though bm2 is the now...king of apps for music...its still lacking the essential basic needs of the music making world.

Some of this has been addressed and the update is coming soon...(no eta)
    But there was no mention of a filefix...which is much needed.
    I dont want to spend hours making a patch that looks messy in a filetree, and could very well be erased easily...i dont want to ftp ...that has been attempted with 3 different ftp clients, and every time it skipped files, and didnt compleye properly causing us to have to go back and look for missing files...well that not easy when you are making patches and have filenames thusly so. Such as violin0100c3 etc and so on. There was also no mention of easier or better filesharing. Wifi would be excellent to transfer since the idevices have it, and since there is free code for it online....ios5 cutthe cord...why would you make your app any less better?

I dont want to hook up to my daw to open a sample from my email!!! I dont want to use hokusai to do that job sample by sample using the three step copy and paste either. Its a phucking unpleasant experience. This isnt 1983, the ipad has way more file ability than you folks are utilizing. Zip files have been around for years, as has email...and dropbox. I still havent found what soundcloud is actually good for? Its like soundclick with way less users, that only care about pushing their own sounds.

I have only purchased some of the apps i own because i needed to do a simple task with beatmaker2!

I dont want to use a shitty ftp to transfer things to others, let alone a daw, let alone a device that is not into letting seperate users hook to your daw. Do you not get this? Is this not terrible? Thats why i asked....do you guys at intua actually use this? In a pro situation...if so enlightne me to all my collaboration options..please
    Example...
    This is nonfiction.

One of the producers i work with lives in chicago illinois 5 hrs away...
    He had a drumkit alteration that we needed to finish a song...easy right ? Hahahaha hell no!
    So he dropboxes this to me, which is veryvery very commonplace these days in the music circle. I tell him to also. Email me this zipfile. Well, there it is...so i have to buy hokusai and upgrade it to pro to get copy paste to get these files, i also have to buy an app to unzip the files from either source...30 dollars later...i get the files on the ipad in hokusai...finally. Now i have to copy paste each of the 22 sounds over to beatmaker2 one by one....this is a multiple step process. Open hokusai import say kickdrum, now copy to pasteboard, open bm2, go to import from pasteboard...put on a pad...save instrument...(if you dnt and bm2 crashes as it does when a few apps are open sometimes...you have to start over). Now i have to name each file as well...wow this took way too long, by the time i got the kit reassembled in bm2 i no longer remembered what the hell i was actually doing! Blah. Now my othermore local producer wanted the drumkit...hahahahaha good luck authorizing your device on my machine...itunes ultimately doesnt like the idevices of anybody besides the owner!

Anyways, shoulda went email/dropbox...unzip by bm2...samples selected, put on pads...saved and named...3 minutes!
    Could possibly be why there are no user patches
    Couldn't you have just unzipped them on your computer, and FTP them to BM2. Forgive me if I'm missing something......
    I wasnt in the studio... In that case...
    You did miss something in my rant...

1. I have tried three, not 1 ftp ...they all drop files consistantly... So a person has to check the client all the time to see what files were dropped...
    2. I dont want to be tied to my daw, as many others agree with HENCE the largest feature of IOS5 no more daw necessary.
    3. I dont have a computer i use at home...which is where i would be more inclined to make an instrument patch...so that pretty much blows that.

So if they update the os to allow wifi instrument patch transfer, audio transfer, and etc...you keep using the crippled software okay? Since its so awesome to you...wouldnt wanna mess up your work flow...

I leave here with one question...what the hell is wrong with people? Nobody likes it when somebody is passionate about something being improved upon...well, that is art and music...so you must be in the wrong field..? The things I would like to see utilized in the development of this app will help you and every other user as far as that goes...but you (not picking on bremencole) are standing in the way of progress...that is digression...is it not? So if your work flow is perfect with what intua has developed in beatmaker2 then stay happy and silent...dont try to halt features because you dont need them.

I absolutely love the beatmaker app, it just has a few flaws that stop it from being useful to me in what i do...they are not unreasonable requests, they are useful to the masses requests that I am making. If nobody complains how would anybody know its broken?

And the industry doesnt stand still there are deadlines...and workflow hold ups are stressful big tyme...so it kinda kicks you in the bollz when you make somethng huge in bm2(example) and then find out that it lacks so much i/o of files etc...that you just say to yourself wow...there really needs to be a music apps standard.
    My bad, i didnt mention the ftps p in that post, it was another i did today