real timestretch

edited November 2011 in Support
i would like to see beatmaker2 incorperate real time stretching. i sample alot of songs and it would be so much easier to adjust the tempo without affecting the pitch while playing live. hope this made sense. i know there are so many request for other things but to have this function would be great for us.

Comments

• Hi,

BM2 does have a time-stretching option. You can timestretch and pitchshift your samples within the Sample Lab. For more information please refer to the User Manual, which you can download here:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.intua.net/media/intua/downloads/BeatMaker2_UserManual.pdf">http://www.intua.net/media/intua/downlo ... Manual.pdf</a><!-- m -->

Cheers,
    Colin
  • edited 1:45AM
    He asked you for REALTIME TIME STRETCHING...i.e. ableton live, acid pro, vsynth(roland)

your time stretch is not realtime.
    i'm well aware of the time stretching option in the sample chop lab, but its not real time stretching. Mcgee is correct with some examples. I want to be able to slow down and speed up the tempo of the song while the music is still in live playing mode and not have the pitch affected. I guess I'm saying can you make it time stretch like the mpc 2000.
    Guys

relax, I understand why everyone is keen on new features, SO am I

lets think about it, it probably takes $200k a year to run the whole operation and therefore 10.000 sales just to cover one years costs, no surprise development takes lightyears!!

this is not steinberg, roland, akai or some other company that sells products for 100s of euros

bump up the price of BM2 to $100 and pro audio folks will still buy it, apple ruined the whole fking software industry with 3$ for garageband on ipad......

nevermind my rant...
  • Hi,

Correct, BM2 has timestretching but it is offline. Online timestretching is a very CPU intensive task, which would be very hard to have running on various individual samples at the same time on an iOS device.
    Still, we are looking into optimizing this process so that it can be brung to the platform in the future.

Cheers,
    Colin
    eleckain, i understand what you are saying, and im satisfied with the beatmaker2 as it is. this isnt a complaint, its more of a suggestion. im not trying to have intua copy off of akai, or any of these programs you listed above. some of the suggestion are just suggestions, if intua does decide to take our suggestions into consideration then we know that we had some part in intua's future. we as the consumers of the music world are the ones who will determine what program is best based on our likes and dislikes. some like nano studio because of its synth and ect, some such as myself love bm2 because of the sampling and ect. but we can help intua gain more customers and loyal fans by giving them ideas and suggestions. i know intua has alot on their plate meeting consumer demands, and going through great lengths putting out new updates, we are all very grateful. but when it comes to debating with other producers and composers i would like to say beatmaker is the best sampling program against the mpc. beatmaker is my mpc, but mpc has feature i would love to have like real time stretching. just a suggestion though.
    Intua i completly understand your point about cpu usage, its hard when apple hasnt reach the peak of producing faster cpu for the tablets. but the future is gettin brighter for bm2. thank you for your quick reponse.
    briskman, I am totally with you on this, wish they would just hurry the f**k up lol

!!! excuse my french

I have used MPC's and SP's and Pro Tools whatnot but BM2 & the chop lab is just mindblowing, I dont even waste time looking at any other apps, nothing can beat chopping and thats what I'm about - now if we would get a touch more better quality EQ, COMP, LIMITER + few more things it would become a rea killer app in the world of drum machine production..

think we just get carried away with wanting better workflows and faster everything, back in the days everyone chopped on a sp1200 and the beats were banging!!

tempted to go and buy nanopad2 tomorrow.
    absolutly eleckain, i remember back in 1996 i had two casio keyboards plugged into a kareoke machine. making songs on tapes. i couldnt afford nothing back in those times. but beatmaker has opened me up to so much. its like i can be in my car with no music and just start going at it with the beatmaker 2. sometimes people in the parking lot look at me like i have a band in my car playing live. but thats the beauty of the bm2, studio at your side. i have made samples that make people go oh shit you did that on a phone. its crazy. but that nanopad looks sick. i have a mpk61 and a mpk 25. also i use reason 6 and record with a interface and krk rokit 6. im going to wait and see what ipad 3 is goin to be about and ill invest in that. hopefully ipad 3 will have a faster cpu to fullfill our request.
    Thank you Intua, for communicating the problem...
    Mad respect! Thats all I have ever asked for...in the forum real ass talk!

Its not yet possible with the large number of samples etc on ipad2
    I can get this!

Its better than........
    (silence)