Animoog & BM2 2.2 MIDI

hyphyp
edited February 2012 in Support
anyone experiencing some crazy static/clicking sounds when using MIDI between BM2 2.2 and Animoog? seems to not be working too well. please share your setup if you've gotten it working properly.

i notice that just having both apps loaded in the background results in the static, even when my MIDI settings are off on both app.

Comments

• edited 8:15AM
    Forget about using Animoog with anything else. Too much of CPU hog.
    Had the same issue with Genome and
    other apps.
    Works just fine for me.... Ipad 2. Bm2 settings: audio latency set to high, memory limit set to No Limit, Midi Buffer set to 23ms... Animoog set to background Audio Enabled.

Milage may vary from device to device I guess.
  • hyphyp
    edited 8:15AM
    Works just fine for me.... Ipad 2. Bm2 settings: audio latency set to high, memory limit set to No Limit, Midi Buffer set to 23ms... Animoog set to background Audio Enabled.

Milage may vary from device to device I guess.

right on, glad to hear you got it working. iʻm gonna try your settings since iʻm on an iPad 2 as well.

update: that worked ragno! thanks man, much appreciated.
  • Hi,

Yep, Animoog is a *very* CPU intensive application.

Colin
    I am sure you can get to work like ragno suggested but having
    Buffer settings that high would make the latency unacceptable for me.
    Camel audio Alchemy is a hog too so you may need to use higher buffer settings too.
    re:woodsdenis

Are you saying a buffer setting of 23ms is too high and unacceptable for you? When I first opened BM2 up the MIDI buffer was set at 50ms!

What is an acceptable latency for sequencing on BM2?
    He means having the audio latency set to 1024 (or high) in the settings panel (not on the app... on the iphone/ipad general settings - bm2 settings).

Bollocks, it's not high... it's just fine to say the truth, if you set the midi buffer to 23 with the audio latency in high, then you get quite fine results.
    I was having some issues with the more bassy animoog presets, for example "GlottalWobb", not sounding right at all. I set BM2 MIDI latency to zero, and now it sounds just fine. Cheers-!