export / record midi as audio

edited December 2011 in Support
I have tried to export a test tune built on BM2, which I have used to sequence both Sunrizer and Thumbjam. Somehow predictably, the wav file is blank.
If BM2 cannot record / export midi as audio, is there any recording app to perform the task while BM2 is playing?

Comments

• edited 1:40PM
    Ummmm... You tried to record midi as audio? Why would you want to? Midi is just data...
    Like for instance...the button is pressed, the button is held, the button is depressed.

Why not just send the midifile to a daw, or render the audioto a file.
    I'm fully aware what midi is.
    Rendering the my midi tracks on bm2 to an audio file is precisely what i have attempted using bm2's export tool.
    So, the question remains. How can i turn the midi tracks of my composition into audio data from bm2? If bm2 cannot do it, what app would?

I actually thought about exporting the whole thing as a midi file, import it into Meteor and try the conversion to audio from there. Just thought bm2 could do this.
    if BM2 is the controller, and Sunrizer and Thumbjam are generating the sounds, then record must be done from within SR and TJ, using those apps' record features. Then the resultant audio files from those two apps can be imported into BM2... put on a drum pad for example.
    I suspected so.
    This leads me to a another question.
    Is there an app you guys might be aware of which can capture whatever the ipad soundboard is playing?
    I suspected so.
    This leads me to a another question.
    Is there an app you guys might be aware of which can capture whatever the ipad soundboard is playing?
    Not that I am aware of as no app actually streams the outside/background VI audio into its own mixer. The OMAC group has certainly got ideas on how to do it. All workarounds are really clunky. PITA really but that's the limitation of th iPad and will be for a while yet.
    Thanks for the feedback.I guess the other choice would be to send the sound into my laptop. Through usb, perhaps?