iPod song import crashes BM2

edited December 2011 in Support
I've tried a couple times to import a song so I can edit and sample it. I've done this successfully in the past but for some reason the software becomes non-responsive once I've selected the song and it returns to the BM2 sequence view.

Normally the song just imports.

I've restarted my device twice. No change. I've exited BM2 a few times by pressing the BM2 icon in the programs running in the background tray. I've increased the memory limit to no limit assuming this is a memory issue.

I notice that when I re-orient the device from portrait to landscape I see a layer animating like its re-orienting. But every time I go to touch the controls they are non-responsive. It seems like the save file screen is there but it is not visible.

Greatly appreciate any help.

Comments

• edited 1:39PM
    After I import a song it goes back to what ever screen I had up before I imported it. So I was put back to sequencer views as well. When I go to the drum machine chop lab, I do see the song converted to wav. Have you made sure you are opening the same directory where you saved the song to during import?

Assuming it hasn't converted, does this happen with a number of songS or have you just tried the one?

Are you trying to convert a very long song (like a DJ mix).
    What format are is the song(s) in MP3, AAC?
    Are you sure there is no DRM on the file?
  • edited 1:39PM
    Forgot the most important question are you on the latest version of BM2?
  • Hi,

Yes, which version of BeatMaker 2.2 are you using ? Our latest update should fix a very rare iPod import issue happening only on a few devices.

Cheers,
    Colin