Track mutes over midi?

edited January 2012 in Support
I love beatmaker 2 and look forward to using it for most of my work.

I am having one problem though. I have an Alesis IO Dock and an MPD 24 to incorporate BM2 into my live rig and everything works perfectly together. All I want now is tobe able to use the "live" mute mode triggered by my MPD.

I have gone through the manual and searched all over the web and have found no info on how to do this. I can just play my iPad but the whole point of using the MPD is to extend the life of my iPad since I do have a somewhat busy touring schedule.

MPD plus BM2 is just like a touchscreen MPC and I love it but my favorite part about using MPCs is the track mute function.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• edited 1:45AM
    I read on here someone using a work around for muting. It's not perfect. I believe you have to set up the drum machines you are using to also include a sample, perhaps velocity 0, that is assigned to the same 'X-Groups' or choke groups. You could trigger these different samples on the MPD to mute/choke separate drum machines.

The problem is all the samples for each separate drum machine would also have to be programmed to the same 'X-Group.' Hard to do snare rolls or cymbals this way.