Auto Chop Help Please

edited April 2012 in Support
I brought in a sample, trimmed it down to a 2 bar loop by editing the sample and hitting the trim button.

I then went into chop, opened the new sample I had created (the 2 bar loop) I tapped out the bpm and then hit auto chop and chose to have 16 slices made. The chop markers all fell in the correct spot so I went to exit from the chop lab and I chose the option to 'create samples from slices' and create a preset. After naming the preset I chose to load it.

Here is where my problem occurs.

At this point whenever I have loaded the preset with the 16 samples created from autochop no sound will play when I hit any of the pads. I have also gone back into the folder created with the sixteen samples from auto chop and none of the samples will play when I audition them either.

I have tried this on several different samples (all were brought in as .aiff files).

Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong?

There is not a whole lot written about the details of using the auto chop function and all the videos I have watched rush right through the process so I can't see if I am missing any steps or doing anything wrong.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• edited 2:13PM
    Hello bouncehandler,

Using the File Transfer feature, are you able to retrieve the individual samples to your computer and verify their size ? Also, trying to play on your computer is a good test.

Another question, is your AIFF file an Apple Loop ?

Also, you can send us the original AIFF file to support[at]intua[dot]net, so we can investigate it.

Thank you,
    Mathieu.
    Mathieu,

When you are talking about verifying the size of files on my computer are you talking about the aiff files that are created after I process an auto chop of a sample or are you talking about the files I am importing to Beatmaker 2 projects to begin with?

Just for clarification I am importing my files wirelessly using FileZilla and I am having no problems playing them back in Beatmaker 2 and chopping them myself. The files I am bringing in are 44.1kHz 16bit stereo .aiff files. I have had no problem working with these files except for the auto chop function.

Thanks again,
    Mike
    Mathieu,
    When you are talking about verifying the size of files on my computer are you talking about the aiff files that are created after I process an auto chop of a sample or are you talking about the files I am importing to Beatmaker 2 projects to begin with?

Hi Mike,

Yes exactly, I'm talking about the AIFF file created by the auto-chop.

Thank you !
    Mathieu.
    I went back and looked at those files, the first 16 were always 4kb (both on the iPad and on my computer browsing through the directory with FileZilla).

What's interesting is I then noticed well over 16 files were created and once I scrolled up to 26 (not sure why that was the lucky number) it just so happened my 16 chops were the next 16 files. Strange... but usuable autochops either way.

Here's another quick question. When I have a pad set to 'Hold and Loop' is there a way to keep that file held (looping) without having my finger constantly on the pad allowing me to leave the pad bank and/or instrument and layer sounds but without having to sequence anything?

Thanks again,
    Mike
    Hello bouncehandler,

If the slice samples are 4kB big, they are likely to be invalid or empty.
    Something went wrong during the chop process. How many markers did you use ?

Regarding the pad looping, it's not possible yet to toggle loops as you describe.
    There's a bug that makes it possible on the current BM2 version, but it's far from being optimal!
    (See <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://intua.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2816">viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2816</a><!-- l --> )

The real loop toggling function is coming in the next update.
    Stay tuned !

Cheers,
    Mathieu