MIDI control pads

edited April 2012 in Support
Hi everyone,

I've been using BM1 then BM2 for quite a while now.
I use an MPK mini MIDI controller with it but I would like to know how to control the pads with it. Is there a way to do that somehow? In the MIDI options I can only control pan, vol.. but cannot assign pads.
Would be great to trigger the pads with real pads, for better control.. That's why I often choose using my machine or other MPC rather than BM2 unless I need something light to carry around.

If there's a way to do that that would just be awesome, taking BM2 to another level.

Cheers

Ps: Will MPC fly hardware be working' with BM2? That would be just perfect! I guess I'm not the only one hoping for that;)

Comments

• edited 9:57AM
    Hi maskito,

The drum machine responds to the classic 0-127 MIDI note range.
    Pads within bank 'A' responds to 0-15, bank 'B' to 16-31, etc.
    You can see what note is associated to the pad in the bottom right corner of each pad.

As you say, we don't support custom assignation of notes on the pads, but, your controller should be able to do this.

Hope this helps,
    Mathieu.
  • edited 9:57AM
    I got my NI Maschine pads to work with beatmaker2 but would love to midi learn the other functions such as play /record. As far as cc the codes are there in my Maschine editor. Is there an option to control the transport etc on beatmaker?