Converting VSTi to BMK2 for the Keyboard Sampler

edited April 2013 in Support
TRYING TO MAKE CREATING INSTRUMENTS ON IOS EASIER

These instructions are for you if you answer YES to any of the following:

a) You wish you had VSTi's on iOS.

b) You wish it was not such a pain to make sample sets in Beatmaker 2 or ThumbJam.

c) You are excited about the instruments you already have on BM2 and TJ, but you want more of them or you want ones that are unique to your sets of VSTi's on your PC.

d) You do not like spending so much time mapping samples to the keyboard in BM2 or to check a large number of samples as to how they line up in TJ's instrument maker (sharps (S vs. #) in the sample convention for Chainer can be a pain to change for a large number of samples).

If you answered YES to any of the above, please visit my website which describes an easier way to do this:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://b2im.webs.com/">http://b2im.webs.com/</a><!-- m -->

Good Luck, Enjoy, and Happy Sampling!

--Marlow77

Comments

• edited 12:07PM
    Looks cool I may have a play with this later on!
    has anyone got this to work on a mac?.
    I haven't gotten it to work on a Mac but why not try a parallel. It's definitely a great program thats worth looking into.
    Thank you. This is interesting, I'm gonna try this.
    Has anyone got this to work at all? I would like to try it but don't want to waste time.
    It does work and its definitely worth it.
    It does work and its definitely worth it.
    Thanks a lot on the conformation bro. Ha ha I got some 8 bit vsts I always wanted to play with among others. I'm gonna have a fun time with this.
    Let me know how it works for you. One thing I did notice was that once the vst preset is loaded it takes up a lot of ram. Still worth it though.
    All The WAV's I create with tis have no sound at all in them when tested with Windows media player.

Nevermind I realized due to Asio4all driver being used in chainer it does not work.

Update:Your definitely right. It takes up so much of the ram but I dont have to worry to much cause I set my ram usage to no limit and make sure everything in the background is closed when I use BM2.
    So you eventually did get it to work right? What vsts did you convert? I know you have it set to unlimited but if you find you still need more ram you could always bounce out the wav of the vst and bring it back in to use as a sample with the pads.

Have you tried any vsts with a long sustain like a brass instrument? I didn't get good results with those types of sounds. They work but the sustain stops before you release the key. I believe the other file that comes in the download fixes this issue. I believe you have to cross fade the wav but I haven't got around to experimenting.
    Yep it works great
    I honestly don't remember all the vsts I used but I used a few 8 bit vsts and a lot of the sounds from them and they work fine. I also used a vst called general piano to get the piano sounds from it and a vst called basic 64.

Good call on using the sounds in pads, I didn't even think of doing that. As for your problem you should try cross fading the wav or try setting a sustain point in the wav editior but will that work in the keyboard sampler? I'm not sure.

I do know a sustain point can be set but not sure if it only would work in the drum pad or in the keyboard sampler as well.
    So you eventually did get it to work right? What vsts did you convert? I know you have it set to unlimited but if you find you still need more ram you could always bounce out the wav of the vst and bring it back in to use as a sample with the pads.

Have you tried any vsts with a long sustain like a brass instrument? I didn't get good results with those types of sounds. They work but the sustain stops before you release the key. I believe the other file that comes in the download fixes this issue. I believe you have to cross fade the wav but I haven't got around to experimenting.
    Did you ever figure it out?
    I haven't messed around with this in a while. Have you come across anything new?
    Nope I tried seething a sustain point and that doesn't work but I do usually just use the sounds I get from the vst in the drum machine anyway.
    This seems like a very useful tool.
    Has anyone tried that with latest BM2?
    Thank you.
    This seems like a very useful tool.
    Has anyone tried that with latest BM2?
    Thank you.
    I personally haven't tried it or used this since I now own a mac. But I can tell you that it should work with any version of BM2. Since all the program really does is record wav files from the vst, then you use another program to create a bm2 preset for use with the WAV files.

It should work!

If the second program that makes the preset for you doesn't work. Then you may have to try and create it yourself. But most likely it should still work.
  • Has any of you purchased "chainer" (which is required for the process)?
    It's 45$!
  • I just wish bm2 has an engine similar to roland vsynth or samplewiz...and i could just use one or two notes to make a whole 4/5 octaves. This would budget ram properly
  • Is there something similar to chained that records notes of vsts but for Mac? If not I may need to borrow a windows machine.
  • Yes Apple main stage has redmatica autosampler built in!