play more than one module at a time for live use

edited July 2013 in Support
how do i set it up so that i have several modules playable on the same midi channel at the same time? im using an irig keys by the way. iphone 5, latest os.

like c2-e2 are used on the drum machine sampler, while c3-c4 are playable from the keyboard sampler? (both using midi channel 1)

when im in the sequencer window, i dont get any midi response at all. i can only trigger notes if im in the edit screen for the individual sampler im using (drum machine sampler, keyboard sampler). i would think that if i were in the sequencer window with both tracks record enabled they would repond to incoming midi, but it doesnt play any notes at all when i do this. am i doing something wrong or leaving something out?

here's my goal, this is for live use with my band-
i want to use the drum machine sampler to trigger a 60 second interlude thing off one single pad (via the corresponding key on my irig keyboard). i have it set up that i can stop the sample from playing by hitting another, silent, pad/key by mute group.

at the same time i wanna be able to have some other samples loaded in the keyboard sampler. like one choir loop on C#3, then some bells on G3-C4 etc

almost like doing a keyboard split to get to the different modules at once.

i want to be able to have all of it accessible from the keyboard at once, without even changing midi channels if possible. i also play drums and do the vocals in the band, so i need to have the keyboard stuff as straightforward as possible cuz i already have a lot going on.

pretty basic stuff for a sampler / sequencer tho.... piece of cake on akai samplers for instance. not sure what im doing wrong here, ive only been using this app for a few days.
btw, if the keyboard sampler and drum machine sampler had the same parameters this wouldnt be an issue! i dont understand why there would be no mute groups in the keyboard sampler??? and i think the sustain pedal was working weird in the drum machine sampler. they should just work the same, but youd have the choice of seeing it on pads or on a keyboard.

thx for any help!