Beatmaker 2 crashing: fixed with version 2.5.4

edited November 2013 in Support
Hi,

I just updated Beatmaker2 with the latest update which came out today or tonight if you're in Europe and upon attempting to run it on IOS7 it instantly crashes!!! There was a problem before with loading samples and now its crashing!! Can you please fix it guys.

Thanks.

Comments

• Same. Very frustrating as this was the first full nigt I've had in a while to sit down and do some music.
  • I had this problem too. I had just finished a track with about 20MB of samples in it, then I updated BM2. It would crash every time I tried to open it. Restarting my iPad would not help.

Finally I deleted BM2 (thank the flying spaghetti monster I had backed up my files before updating) and reloaded it. It ran with no problems so far. We will see how things go once I start a new project.
  • Hello,

This is a known bug, please see this page: http://intua.net/temporary-workaround-for-2-5-2/

BeatMaker 2.5.3 has been submitted earlier today.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
    Mathieu.
  • I was able to get my BM2.5.2 to open by going the App Store and clicking open from in there. It has open successfully each time there after as well.
  • Still crashing for me. When will the update become available?
  • Not good if open from appstore too ... ::sad::
  • just trying to open in app store and it began the update. i really hope it sorts it out. I have so much work on there i would be devstated if its lost.

well looks like its completed here goes nothing ...fingers and everything else crossed ...
    its creating a database will take a few minutes apparently..please please work....
    oh yeah we are back in business. one very pleased customer brilliant thanks.
  • thank you Intua!
  • Hello Intua team,

Is there a update coming for the ipad1
    It crashing by startup

Thanks in advance

Regards, Peter.
  • Hello there,
    The latest update (2.5.3) fixed the problem and is available.
    Unfortunately for iPad 1 users with iOS 5.X.X, a crash remains because of an issue in Audiobus framework.
    We've updated their SDK and submitted a new maintenance update.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • It's working for me now and I'm on IOS7.
  • Intua team, thanks.

I / we will wait.

Btw, i like the bm2 workstation.
    Only midi controll i have a little problems with.

I want to mute tracks, but no luck on that.
    I can assign a controller to it, but it do not mute after
    I set midi learn to off.

Or do i have to put it on a other channel?

Thank in advance, Peter
  • BeatMaker 2.5.4 is now available, update and you should be fine :-)

Sorry for the inconvenience,
    Mathieu.
  • I just upgraded to 2.5.4 but am experiencing worse crashing than on 2.5.2. Is this a memory issue or is something else causing this?

Any ideas on what I should do ( or should I just go back to 2.4.8 which worked fine )?
  • edited January 2014
    Reload 2.4.8 into iTunes and upload all my backed up projects and instruments. It's a pain but had to to it back with the 2.4.1 issues. Just when we get a stable version the next ones come out and take us back two steps again. Shame everything since 2.5 has had crashing issues.