Transport controls assignable or controllable by MIDI CC?

edited December 2013 in Support
Hi
I would use my pedalboard MIDI Icon G-Board (MIDI Class Compliant, works perfectly with the ipad, using a hub to feed and CCK to connect) with BeatMaker 2, but from what I've read in the manual and the forum, seems not possible to control the transport functions. Can anyone confirm this point?

So far, the only app I know of that allows this is Auria (supports MCU and HUI protocols)
Is there any plan to incorporate this feature to BeatMaker 2? I would like to know this before buying.

Comments

• My akai mpd32 works with the transport- it is sending MMC messages
  • Thank you, dubhausdisco. I think my Boss RC-300 is sending MMC Play/Stop, but I am afraid this will not be suitable or practical at all for my real needs using the iPad Air at home.

So I´ve bought Loopy HD and JamUp XT Pro instead, Both apps including superb MIDI learn and remapping features. (A pair of fairly impressive apps, by the way)

It's a shame that Beatmaker 2 does not support this feature. It would have been very useful to use with my Korg PadKontrol to play drums, while using the MIDI pedalboard to control BM2 transport buttons.

Still searching for an iOS DAW capable of doing this, therefore. Perhaps it would be better to save and buy Auria, but although it is able to do what I want using the MCU protocol, it lacks support for MIDI tracks.

• That could be a possibility, but I'd rather avoid interconnect applications as far as possible, because the latency factor is something to be taken into account using an iPad.

Maybe I'll have to wait until Auria implement the MIDI tracks... Or maybe Beatmaker 3 comes first with a surprisingly good implementation of the MCU protocol, Who knows?. But please, forgive me if I keep my money in the meantime, gentlemen!
  • Hi --

Just wanted to clarify and correct some info from earlier in the thread. I was just able to successfully send Midi Start/Stop messages (7A and 7C) to control the starting and stopping of the BM2 transport.

For those of you who,like me, are using less than full-featured controlling devices, I was able to use MidiBridge's message mapping capability (called Stream Byter) to translate a couple of Midi Control messages into the Midi Start/Stop commands needed. Works like a charm and now I can start/stop the transport with my foot controller.

Regards,

Mike
  • edited January 2014
    That's fine but I'm using 8 footswitches pedalboard, and I'm used to controlling my sequencers in this way, so I need many more features than just a plain simple Play/Stop. On the iPad, so far I have only found this feature on applications as Auria, Loopy HD Pro and JamUp Pro XT.

For MIDI functions I bought Cubasis because the 33% rebate offered this Christmas, for their anniversary. I hope that a company like Steinberg will implement MIDI control in the near future.

By the way, I leave here the links to two tutorials that I wrote for hispasonic.com, about using the Icon G-Board with Ableton Live and how to sync the Boss RC-300 Loopstation with Live 9:

http://www.hispasonic.com/blogs/icon-g-board-review/37953

http://www.hispasonic.com/tutoriales/sincronizar-boss-rc-300-ableton-live/38381
  • Ed--

What are some of the other control messages you use? I would probably want to know about them as well, irrespective of whether BM2 will actually support them.
  • edited January 2014
    2 Mclagett

Yeah, SPP, FA, FB, FC messages are supported by BM2,
    you can read about it syntax from every MIDI specs manual.

BUT It will be biiiiig step forward if Record button would be MIDI responsible