Auto loop problems

edited January 2014 in Support
Hi. I'm having a problem with drum pads and the auto loop feature, which is frustrating as it's the entire reason I bought BM2 in the first place.

I have a drone loop on pad 1, which I want to loop infinitely until I press pad 2, so I have pad 1 on auto loop and set to x-group 1. Pad 2 has a one shot sample also on x-group one, so that when I press it, pad 1 cuts and pad 2 plays. Simple enough.

The trouble is, when I do this and try to start pad 1 again, pressing the pad just selects it and doesn't restart the loop until I press it again. This can't be right, surely?

Any ideas?

If I can, I'll make and link to a video showing me using it and some of the other bizarre things that have been happening with regard to x-groups and auto looping samples. Too complicated to explain really.

Comments

• Is he the guru with the answers?
  • edited January 2014
    Now that wasn't very friendly, alien...
    Sameloop- I used the auto loop function only once, and it did what you described so I just don't use it. Sorry I can't help
    Many of the problems people have brought up aren't getting fixed like they should...
  • Thanks mate.You have helped...Helped me to realise I just wasted £14.
  • You're only the bad guy if you belong to either the development or QA team for this piece of software...
  • I would say make the video and post- auto loop is fickle because it goes by the global quantization (I think- like I said I haven't messed with it much but would like to use it!)
  • You're right, it does go by the quantisation, which I can forgive (although it would be nice to be able to bypass that) but it's more about the inconsistent and erratic behaviour, especially in relation to other pads being triggered in the same X-group etc. I'll try and cobble a video together soon. Cheers.
  • Actually, i would add that, in regards to the auto loop following the sequencer quantisation setting, what I really wanted was just to loop the sample at my own set start and end points. It's no good when you have a seamless looping sample that isn't designed to loop to tempo (such as the aforementioned drone-type sample).

I have ultimately decided that iPads are fun, but you need a real computer sometimes...
  • I hear ya... I don't rely solely on my iPad for sure- it does give me low latency for tapping stuff out on a pad controller then export to pro tools.
    Btw have you tried the hold+loop function ? That is supposed to loop by the loop points you set. Oh wait- then you'd have to hold the pad down the whole time. Never mind- thinking out loud...
  • Yeah - almost there with the hold and loop...What I'm actually trying to achieve is triggering samples with a Behringer FCB1010 foot controller as I play the bass guitar. To be fair, it's not the iPad's fault - it's just nobody that I know of makes the right software. Loopy is close again, but it's not quite there. This where I just want to use a PC laptop with "proper" software e.g Ableton or similar and have done with it!
  • I tried to do the same thing.
    It only needs to improve this detail to make the x-group & autoloops works as expected…