Can't record audio from Alesis ioDock inputs

edited March 2014 in Support
...also I don't get a signal from monitor.

Tested also recording with or without ARM record on but no success.

I hear the input when switching direct on at the dock, so the signal definitely arrives at the dock.

Can anybody help?

P.S.: setting up the audio instruments seems to be ok, at least all input busses from the dock show up (1 mono, 2 mono, 1 and 2 stereo)

Comments

• edited March 2014
    Tried anything. I can record audio in any other app without problems, but not in BM2.

Maybe this is a hint:
    - when I go to settings/audio setup, I only get an empty dialog with a 'done' button (not a panel with setup options like in MIDI setup).

Anybody here, who was successful with recording audio with the iODock in BeatMaker?
  • Intua? Please? Your idea, what to do?
  • Ehhmmm, Intua? I can record with any other App, but not with BM2. Can you explain, why?

Btw I am a little tired of asking again and again for support.
  • Intua, support, please!
  • On my ipad 2 if you are setting input 1 in bm2 you must use physical input 2...it is beat maker because this is the only app that it does this on
  • thanks, will test it
  • Hmm, no doesn't work for me.
  • Intua, now that you raised from the dead, can you please give me a short info, if this is known, not true, can be fixed by me or is addressed to be fixed in a future update?
  • Just seeing this old post…
    I'm being using the iODock from a long time, and I can record audio with no problem, from each input or two at same time in stereo.

You must create an instrument-audio-track and, opening the device, set its inputs options. You can even live process the input by setting 'monitor' on.
  • That's what I did, doesn't work for me...
  • This should work…
    Maybe the noise gate?
  • edited May 2014
    Hey Jasperodus, thanks for all your help, but no that's also not the reason, I checked that before.

Can you do me a favour? Maybe I have an old firmware installed. My version of iO Dock says 1.0.7 (checked with iPad).
    On the ALESIS website the latest version is numbered 1.07 , which I THINK is the same as I have, but who knows.
    I don't have a USB-MIDI cable now to just update the iO Dock, so could you check the version of your iO Dock, if it is 1.0.7 or actually 1.07?

Edit: just for info, iPad 2 and iO Dock 1
  • on my io dock physical input 2 is input 1 on beatmaker and physical input 1 is input 2 on bm
    try that

IE)))plug into input 2, but in bm2 select input 1
  • well, as I wrote before, this is not the case at my Dock. Strange...

What firmware vesion shows your iO Dock, MicGee$?
  • bump. Please, someone can look, what firmware version he is running on the iO Dock (see above)?
  • I would have looked for you but I sold the iodock...so i was unable to do so sorry
  • I sold it to buy an apogee duet for ios
  • edited May 2014
    ah ok, I see... thanks for replying.
    Btw, buying the apogee duet was, what I wanted to avoid. At least until I at least checked out the iO Dock :)