Is it possible to disable quantize on notes lenght (note off) ?

edited April 2014 in Support
I dont want the note lenght (note off) to quantize, is there a way to disable this and only have the start note to quantize ?
In a sequence i want to keep the original notes lenght.

Comments

• I don't think so though im not sure what your asking.

I know you can change the grid in BM2 but what your asking might need to be done manually.
  • All the sequencer i used did not quantize (by default) the lenght of the notes, just the start of those. I really like BM2 and if its possible in a future update to be able to do this i would be nice.
  • Does it really quantize the note length, when you turn off quantize at recording? Just asking, because I would expect it to NOT quantize at all, like you do. And I never got the feeling it does...

Oh, I misunderstood your question:
    What I do in this case: I record without quantizing. After that, I manually (with snap enabled) quantize them by bringing them to the right positions.
  • Hey, Vogliadicane! I've had to use your method as a workaround. Every other sequencers I've worked with since the late 80's only quant is the note start. A few sequencers have an option to quantize note length, but the default is note start only. Sliding the notes manually can really slow down your flow. It's not that bad for simple drum parts and melodies. I've been using BM 2 instead of Logic 9 or my MPC 1000 for all kinds of music like jazz, r and b, fusion where there could be hundreds of notes in an 8 bar phrase. That's just too much work. Now I'm just not quantizing at all.
  • Yes sure, the more complex your recordings the more laborious the workaround is. And I hear you, that since the 80s this is not a problem anywhere else :)
  • Thanks Vogliadicane, i will try this while waiting for a future update. It is surely not a big thing to work at to add this function.