BM3 MIDI controller problem

2»

Comments

• I'm having a problem getting focus actions to assign properly on my Launchkey 49. I mentioned this over in the bug reports, with no response, so I'm posting here. Anyone else have a problem with wacky assignments?

I went to assign some pads on my Launchkey 49, using focus actions. The 16 pads assigned properly, but any time I tried to assign any other button on the Launchkey, whether it be faders, transport buttons, etc, it would suddenly scroll to the top of the list, and when I'd go down to check and see if it assigned properly, it always assigns to some other random function (such as octave select). It's not allowing me to assign anything other than the pads, properly.

• I'm having the same problem with my MPD. I've posted in a few threads as well, but similar story...Pads map fine, if I try to map a fader or a knob everything stops working. Haven't installed the update yet. Someone suggested using Midibridge so I'm going to try that.

• @Lordradish said:
    I'm having a problem getting focus actions to assign properly on my Launchkey 49. I mentioned this over in the bug reports, with no response, so I'm posting here. Anyone else have a problem with wacky assignments?

I went to assign some pads on my Launchkey 49, using focus actions. The 16 pads assigned properly, but any time I tried to assign any other button on the Launchkey, whether it be faders, transport buttons, etc, it would suddenly scroll to the top of the list, and when I'd go down to check and see if it assigned properly, it always assigns to some other random function (such as octave select). It's not allowing me to assign anything other than the pads, properly.

Do not use autolearn until it's debugged

• @nepotist said:
    I'm having the same problem with my MPD. I've posted in a few threads as well, but similar story...Pads map fine, if I try to map a fader or a knob everything stops working. Haven't installed the update yet. Someone suggested using Midibridge so I'm going to try that.

Im using midibridge and it s working fine for me

• Has anyone had a problem with their xkey air losing connection when they go to record in BM 3? This is driving me nuts! Does anyone have a solution?

• @skisupreme said:
    Has anyone had a problem with their xkey air losing connection when they go to record in BM 3? This is driving me nuts! Does anyone have a solution?

I haven'thad this issue, but i haven't used it for a few versions, will get it out and do some tests.

• @skisupreme said:
    Has anyone had a problem with their xkey air losing connection when they go to record in BM 3? This is driving me nuts! Does anyone have a solution?

Is it definitely a problem with the controller connection?

I only ask as sometimes when I record, the keyboard reverts to a different pad. I forget the details but it's all in a bug thread I posted on here somewhere a while ago. This can kind of feel like the same thing you describe, if the pad it reverts to is empty. Hasn't happened to me in a while and probably a totally different thing, but the symptoms in your post just sounded familiar, being that it only happens when you try to record.

• @skisupreme said:

Yep I had this issue with my Xkey air and BM3. I thought it was the xkey but now it doesn’t do it as of last time I used it. I was thinking maybe the iOS update fixed it but will further investigate.

• Thanks for the response will definitely try the pad thing. Intua just emailed me and said it might be the controller but this only happens in BM 3. Will let you know if it works.

• CME got back to me and told me to turn off Xkey midi out in BM 3, now it seems to work fine.

• Aaaaaah a MIDI feedback loop must be being generated, very strangd it causes a disconnect, I wonder if that is part of the MIDI BT standard.

• We should probably keep this tip somewhere, the X-Key is used by a lot of people with BeatMaker 3.
    Thanks @skisupreme for following up on this. BTW: it's a bit complicated for us to buy every MIDI controllers out there, to thoroughly test them with BM3!

Cheers,
    Mathieu.

• Just what I needed thanks guys

• Take that back still not working for me

• Speaking of the XKey Air, I can't manage to connect it via USB to my iPad (using a CCK). Can someone confirm that it works. BT works fine and USB connection to my Mac works fine.

• Will test it for you when i get back home, if i forget bump this post.

• Hey @5pinlink the Xkey Air USB connection does work - I was just previously trying connect it to an unpowered USB hub which already had 1-2 other USB devices connected. Initially, if connected to a CCK or USB hub > CCK as the only device the connection is ok. If I then try to connect some other device (e.g. midi controller), that on its own the iPad can power, the connection is broken. In order to reconnect, the CCK needs to be removed and reinserted, and the Xkey Air powered off and turned on again. It won't work until you disconnect/reconnect the CCK.

What I also discovered yesterday is that if I connect a portable battery to a CCK with a lightning port and connect the unpowered USB hub to the CCK, the portable battery apparently powers the USB devices (Xkey Air, Akai MPD226 and Dragonfly red) as well as charges the iPad. The MPD226 was running with all LEDs on, not in low power mode. I somehow thought that the battery connected this way would only power the iPad, and that I would need to have some sort of USB Y-cable connect to the hub and the USB device...

• Nice find ;)