Moog model 15

Anyone using it with BM3? How's the workflow?

Ideally would like to sequence and Automate from BM3. Is there a way to use the model 15 ui to record the automation in BM3 via midi routing? Or would I need to assign macros etc? Thanks

Comments

• It’s boss. I just audiobus it and sample into BM3.

• From demos it sounds really nice for ios. Does it have the little BM3 transport when IAA?
  • edited September 2017
    Bought.. Dang. Definitely nails the 70s dusty moog sound. Spent an hour just tweaking internal arpeggios through my pedalboard. Killer app. Hyped to intergrate it with BM3.
  • Just stumbled on this template for modstep. Haven't checked it out yet but posting in case of any use to anyone else here too -

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/13332/modstep-midi-cc-templates-new-moog-model-15-template-every-single-knob#latest
  • @Heyez Nice! I'm a Model 15 lover too. Filtatron is beautiful. Echoing myself here, but I'd really love to see UI streamlined AU editions of Filtatron, Animoog and Model 15. Its a real pity its not possibly blue to route channel outputs to the M15s AudioBridge inputs in BM3... or maybe I've missed something? Have you given that a go?

This is a sketch of how one could go about that in AUM.

• Pity that channel presets and submixes aren't available in BM3 just yet. Would be nice to just load that config without having to set it up manually.

• edited September 2017
    @nick yeah moog are a great company, model 15 has blown me away! The sound seems on par with Diva from the little time I've had. Super creamy/vibey/dusty. Been toying with grabbing a Mother 32 but that scratch is itched for now ;) Probably going to buy the Bastl 60 knobs controller in a few weeks and see how that pairs up with Model 15 ;)

Agreed that moog adding AU functionality would be great. Fingers crossed...

Had a quick attempt at linking Filtatron to model 15, just app to app, pretty fun to mess with the Filtatron sample player rate/direction with modulation from Model 15 :)

Ios still makes me switch off/want to bin it when too much fiddling about with inter-app routing etc is neccessary tho. Especially if it has to be done again and again. I should probably invest in AUM etc but that's the side of ios that really bugs me...
  • @Heyez AUM will simplify your life no end. I promise. Ping me any questions by PM and I'll be happy to help out!
  • Yeah even though I'm really just faffing around, AUM (and Audioshare) made iOS a lot easier to work with.

• @nick thanks, will drop you a PM in a bit. Main thing that holds me back is price vs benefit (for me personally in the way I hope to use ios). £20 is pretty expensive for me when it's only to be able to do something that I hate doing (tangling apps together in ios...) but less irritatingly ;)

But a lot of people seem to be locked in to AUM as standard workflow so I guess it must makes things feel considerably less ios-ish ;)
  • @Heyez Yep! Its an investment, but a worthwhile one. You can set up your own channel mixer with custom number of channels, app inputs, app sends, inserts, submixes etc and save them for quick reload later. As well as customise midi mappings between devices and apps... real time saver when you've already created your own mixer setups and just want to dive in with a concept. More system level than AudioBus, but without the headaches. Happy to answer any specific questions or provide screenshots etc... :)

• Model 15 just got an update today, with AUv3 support B)

• Yeah and its at £10 right now, think i may have to hook that up later haha

• How do you do an LFO in this thing ?
    I flipped the VCO to sub audio, pulled the ranges and frequencies right down, but its still doing fast oscillation, can't get anything to sweep over a bar or anything.

• edited November 2017
    Did you start from an init patch? Lfo seemed to behave as expected when I've briefly dabbled with patching them.

Have you tried standalone? Could be an AUv3 issue?

Got excited about the AUv3 update but just did quick text in BM3 and the automation record seems really buggy/not working? Anyone else?
  • @5pinlink Had quick look to check how I was doing things before.

Load Init patch.

Patch a cable from one of the lfo section's outs > control input on filter section (I used the right hand side one) > dial in lfo params to taste.> hold a key. Should give you lfo filter sweep? Dunno if I'm doing it right/best way, but it seems to work OK here as a starting point.
  • Yeah for one i cant find any LFOs, just VCOs, I assume it is those, i started from init, getting the filter to oscillate is not the problem, but getting it to oscillate over 1/2 - 1 - 2 bars, just doesn't work no matter what i set the range too, and the VCO is set to su audio too.

• Using the 921, set the coarse range to '+/- 6' octaves and enable Sub-Audio.
    With the range set to 32 and 'Frequency' at between -5 and -6 the cycle-rate can be counted in minutes...
    (That's slow enough for me at least).

• Doesn't do that here in AU.
    Will retry when i get home

• edited November 2017

Love having the ability to load Model 15 as AU in BM3 (even if it is just a non-tweakable preset browser)... it's just a shame it absolutely grinds my old iPad Air1 to a complete standstill!

• Yeah I bought this since its an AU now. @tk32 it took me a while to realize but if you click the rack image from the preset browser you can dive into the app UI and tweak!

• edited November 2017

Yeah its no preset browser :)
    IOS 10 it opens the standalone to tweak.
    IOS 11 it opens directly in BM3.
    Either way it is fully tweakable in host, but in 11 its awesome.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • check out synth anatomy on youtube. he goes through some iap packs

• edited November 2017

If it's loaded as an au and i mess up the cabling, it pops up a warning message that I cant seem to close. Has anyone seen this? know a work around?

v nice sound app though.

• @dizzy
    Nope, can’t get rid of it either, even after the error is corrected. Maybe just refrain from tapping the exclamation mark? The message will probably always be the same anyway...

• seems like the message won't go away, but you can use the undo button on the left to fix the problem and keep editing the patch. so you could save the preset, unload the model 15 plugin from pad and reload it, then load your preset back up, and the message is gone.