Any ETA on the iPhone version?

Is there any ETA on the iPhone version? Is there still going to be one?

iPhone availability
  1. Will the iPhone version be ready before the end of the year?6 votes
    1. Yes
      33.33%
    2. No
      66.67%

Comments

• edited September 2017

Why is this a poll ?
    Users in the forum voting one way or another wont tell you anything at all, only the developers can do that.

And iPhone users should keep one thing in mind too, lots of developers have recently been very open about the value (in terms of sales) of iPhone ports, they pretty much make iPhone versions as a favour to users, they sell virtually non at all compared to iPad sales.

Go read @brambos post in that absolutely ridiculous spoilt brat iphone thread at the auduobus forum for some valuable insight.

Oh and for the record, Intua have NEVER said an iPhone version would not be coming, it will arrive when it arrives.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @5pinlink said:
    Why is this a poll ?
    Users in the forum voting one way or another wont tell you anything at all, only the developers can do that.

And iPhone users should keep one thing in mind too, lots of developers have recently been very open about the value (in terms of sales) of iPhone ports, they pretty much make iPhone versions as a favour to users, they sell virtually non at all compared to iPad sales.

Go read @brambos post in that absolutely ridiculous spoilt brat iphone thread at the auduobus forum for some valuable insight.

Oh and for the record, Intua have NEVER said an iPhone version would not be coming, it will arrive when it arrives.

Bro...you really need to chill...you are responding to every post here, and trying to police the forum.... you arent an admin here and you dont work for Intua...get over yourself already, lol.

• Looking at the number of changes and fixes in the upcoming 3.0.3 update— until those lists get down to single digits, you're wasting brain cells worrying about it.

• @Heatedpd said:

@5pinlink said:
    Why is this a poll ?

Bro...you really need to chill...you are responding to every post here, and trying to police the forum.... you arent an admin here and you dont work for Intua...get over yourself already, lol.

What ? lol

• edited September 2017

For the record i do try to answer as many forum posts here as possible, with as much relevant info as i can, and hopefully an answer or two.
    And actually when garbage polls like this are posted as some kind of spoilt brat "Wheres my iPhone version" throwing the toys out of the pram nonsense, i will reply in kind.

Intua have been very clear that an iPhone version WILL be forthcoming, so this thread had only one motive.

• I wouldn't even be checking this forum were it not for @5pinlink. Good medicine tastes bad sometimes.

• @triton100 said:

@Heatedpd said:

@5pinlink said:
    Why is this a poll ?

It's a forum. That means everyone's entitled to express an opinion just like you are. If you don't like what someone posts that's cool. If you do, that's cool too. From the very definition you give about not being an admin or working for intua, maybe it's you that needs to get over yourself ?

sooooo....do either of you have an ETA for BM3 for Iphone? lol...if not....get over yourself as well ;)

• Yes the Estimated Time of Arrival is sometime this decade.
  • -1 for iPhone Version (at the Moment, this year) we need a perfect ipad version first

• Dude only asked when/if iPhone is happening?!? Didn't demand it 'now' or question Intua's priorities etc saying 'this waiting sucks! They need to pause dev on ipad and roll out iPhone asap!'.... He literally just asked a Q? Poor guy got some harsh responses!!
    Yeah, Poll was pointless, but who really cares....

FWIW I'll prob flip back to apple next phone contract since copping a bunch of new ios apps lately. Agree that iPhone version should be far down in Intua's priorities tho.
  • @andreasg said:
    -1 for iPhone Version (at the Moment, this year) we need a perfect ipad version first

Agree

• I just wonder if the iPhone version will have all the same functionality as the iPad version.

• While I enjoy using BM3 on the bigger Ipad screen, personally I wouldnt mind having it on my Iphone if I happen to be on a train. An ETA from the developer would be welcomed.

• edited September 2017

BM2 works nicely on my iphone 5.

• Would love to see BM3 on iPhone soon! Hopefully it's on it's way in the near future.
  • edited September 2017

A little status update is due!

The iPhone version is under development, right now we're working on the layouts, since it can be tricky to fit everything on the reduced screen size, but we found elegant solutions to this problem.

While this is worked on, we're also working on regular updates, and we are focusing on:

• Stability, this is top priority. Losing your work or idea to a crash is unacceptable. Every single day, we check crash reports and address them immediately.
    • Behavior improvements; some actions still takes too much steps to be accomplished, or some functionalities are not very intuitive. Those are simple fixes or improvements in general, and make the whole creative/productive experience better.
    • New features. Being close to the community is great because we know what users are expecting next. The backlog of BM3 is HUGE, so we have a pragmatic approach to it and we will deliver features by order of priority.

To sum up, improving the foundation (the iPad version) will beneficial to both versions in the end.

Cheers!
    Mathieu.

• Thanks for the update and keep up the great work!
  • @mathieugarcia said:
    A little status update is due!

The iPhone version is under development, right now we're working on the layouts, since it can be tricky to fit everything on the reduced screen size, but we found elegant solutions to this problem.

While this is worked on, we're also working on regular updates, and we are focusing on:

• Stability, this is top priority. Losing your work or idea to a crash is unacceptable. Every single day, we check crash reports and address them immediately.
    • Behavior improvements; some actions still takes too much steps to be accomplished, or some functionalities are not very intuitive. Those are simple fixes or improvements in general, and make the whole creative/productive experience better.
    • New features. Being close to the community is great because we know what users are expecting next. The backlog of BM3 is HUGE, so we have a pragmatic approach to it and we will deliver features by order of priority.

To sum up, improving the foundation (the iPad version) will beneficial to both versions in the end.

Cheers!
    Mathieu.

Great response, thanks!! I understand the backlog being huge, but the last 3 updates were awesome and its come a long way in the short time its been out.