3.04 Dropping this week ! Bring it the f**k on !

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• I guess it was a new tactic to make it look like it was in the App Store and then not say anything.

• I thought this meant a week of refreshing, or at least a few days, but the update is live NOW!

• Yes and it doesn’t open, instant crash on ipad air 1, latest ios...

• edited November 2017

@BeatNtua said:
    Yes and it doesn’t open, instant crash on ipad air 1, latest ios...

same for me so far (2015 ipad pro ios 11.1). tried quitting the app and loading again, keeps crashing. I can keep it from disappearing if I tap on the session select screen, but it's still frozen. rebooted ipad and that didn't help.

• edited November 2017

this sounds silly, but I've got bm3 to load after rebooting and doing either one or both of these things: quit the app out of app switching (it was still showing after reboot) and also turned on airplane mode to disable wifi and bluetooth. was able to load my session!

alright, not so silly, I quit bm3 from app switching, turned off airplane mode, and bm3 instacrashes. tried turning bluetooth and wifi off separately to test which affects the app, and it's wifi. =( I was really hoping it was bluetooth.

reproduced this many many times, bm3 crashes on start when wifi is enabled. fix: airplane mode while launching bm3. after opening a project, turn airplane mode off, bm3 does not crash and wifi works just fine to download samples from dropbox.

ok, now bm3 is not crashing on startup for me anymore. was it because I loaded up dropbox? I'm now able to stay connected to wifi while loading bm3.

• edited November 2017

Just updated to 3.0.4 on a iPad Air1 (still on iOS 10) and getting black screen / app crashes too.

I'm rebooting now and will post findings.

UPDATE: Phew! 3.0.4 seems OK on iPad Air1/iOS10 after reboot

• This actions working for me (thanks @ronji for the wifi problem)

• disable wifi
    • launch BM3
    • kill BM3
    • enable wifi
    • launch BM3
      and now it’s working
  • edited November 2017

Think I’ll wait for the updates'-update, may as well..

King

• as mentioned in this other thread the crashing was due to a bug with the store, and should be fixed. that would explain how I was able to start bm3 even with wifi enabled and connected after initially having problems. that said, I'm still getting crashes on startup at this moment. turning on airplane mode does seem to consistently allow me to load bm3 without crashing, but if this is all related to the store then it seems to be coming and going still. that said, there are some AU related crashes it would seem?

• edited November 2017
    Based on my limited tests so far, if you open an existing session with AU plugins, viewing those plugins UI crashes BM3 without auto-save.

This is certainly the case with Zeeon

If I open the session, unload the AU, then reload it all seems fine (except that you lose your current patch, obviously)
  • I've been testing with a session that has Zeeon, Ruismaker FM, and Model 15 loaded on 3 pads of the same bank, with modified patches, and I'm not getting crashes. perhaps that might be an issue on ios 10?

• @ronji

Are you able to open and modify the patch on Zeeon? It might be an iOS 10 specific bug, but my old sessions open and play fine... Until I try adjusting one of the AU patches.
  • @tk32 I loaded Zeeon, then I tweaked the init patch (until I could absolutely hear that I was making a difference), even saved and reloaded the session, and the edited init patch is still what I expect to hear.

• The bug seemed to be when I loaded an old session that had AUs loaded
  • @tk32 I just opened up my battle 02 session, and while I could play notes on the Addictive Pro pad, once I tapped the icon to load the interface bm3 did indeed crash! dang =( hopefully that's part of the 3.0.5 update that was apparently just submitted

• @ronji

Slightly reassuring this isn't just me. I can't imagine this is also related to the identified bug with the sound packs (as detailed by @mathieugarcia on the AB forums a short while ago) but let's hope 3.0.5 helps now that it's being rapid-approved.
  • Not using Aus and not having any issues! Update is rocking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Guess I'll just have to park my pre-3.0.4 songs for now and start something new - at least for a few days.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited November 2017

Hey guys,

I will check the crash logs and sessions tomorrow first thing in the morning. Probably going to work on the 3.0.6 update that will fix all the nasty "stuff" remaining in 3.0.4 / 3.0.5.

3.0.5 has to go out top priority, too much fixes and new improvements in there, but I can't wait to investigate and fix this AUv3 bug for sure.

Hope you understand the situation!
    Thanks again for you amazing support...

Cheers,
    Mathieu.