I see 3.0.5 is Live! ... What’s the Word..

edited November 2017 in General

3.0.4 was briefly in the store.
3.0.5 is definitely live!

What’s the word..

King

Comments

• pre-existing AU UI doesn't crash bm3 for me, no crash on startup, so far so good =)

• @ronji said:
    pre-existing AU UI doesn't crash bm3 for me, no crash on startup, so far so good =)

This is good news!
    I like good news!
    I like good!

King

• I only had one pre-existing session with AU in it, so hopefully others can chime in and confirm as well =)

• Things that make you smile :)

Yes, hoping all is good to go, we'll know soon enough.

This app is too great!

I’ve been absent (comments) from here too long..

Nice place to be..

King

• Ironically 3.0.4 showed folks how stable etc BM3 had/has become!

King

• edited November 2017

Does the 3.0.5 update fix the piano roll problem where there would be no sound when playing the vertical piano roll keyboard on the right of the screen in pattern mode?

• edited November 2017

@Artmuzz it doesn't resolve it, however, I've been doing more testing and I can get sound from the mini keyboard in the piano roll. if you don't get sound, get out of KEYS mode (top right keyboard icon) and press the pad preview button (which is in the place where the mini vertical keyboard was). press the pad play button for other pads, even if you've only got an AU on pad 1. then tap the KEYS icon again and see if you can make sound. do some combinations of this, and you should get some sound out of those keys. I haven't figured out how to consistently make it work, unless poking around is the workaround.

• The right side piano keys work for me in the 3.0.5 update but it can be somewhat cumbersome since the far-right is also used to 'swipe in' the split-view apps :(

• I've downloaded the update and can confirm that the piano roll works now :)

• I just say Merde! when some people manage to make BM3 crash and it's been very solid for me.
    I've not had a single bail lately...

• edited November 2017

@samu said:
    The right side piano keys work for me in the 3.0.5 update but it can be somewhat cumbersome since the far-right is also used to 'swipe in' the split-view apps :(

yeah, but I still sometimes can reproduce the "no sound" bug. maybe it's a little less prevalent, but please test more, closing the app, loading different sessions, and post back if you get the no sound on mini piano keys bug still. I think I'm reproducing this consistently by closing the app, reopening it, going into the keys mode on the piano roll for an AU, and there's no sound. going out of keys mode and going into keys mode again seems to fix it?

edit: and if this bug is still kicking then perhaps we should finally break this bug out into its own thread =)

• @ronji said:

@samu said:
    The right side piano keys work for me in the 3.0.5 update but it can be somewhat cumbersome since the far-right is also used to 'swipe in' the split-view apps :(

yeah, but I still sometimes can reproduce the "no sound" bug. maybe it's a little less prevalent, but please test more, closing the app, loading different sessions, and post back if you get the no sound on mini piano keys bug still. I think I'm reproducing this consistently by closing the app, reopening it, going into the keys mode on the piano roll for an AU, and there's no sound. going out of keys mode and going into keys mode again seems to fix it?

edit: and if this bug is still kicking then perhaps we should finally break this bug out into its own thread =)

I'm doing my best but it's very hard to find repeatable patterns :(
    The 'iOS Swipe-Regions' thing affects more apps than I had initially hoped for...

Sometimes AUv3's can take some time to load causing one to think the piano keys don't work.
    (There is currently no 'AUv3 Load Indicator' and iSem is one example that takes forever to load).

• edited November 2017

Unfortunately, for some reason the piano roll was working but since starting a new project and loading Moog model 15 AUv3 there is no sound playing the piano roll. :(

• Everyone please reboot!
    If you haven’t already..

I’m still on 3.0.3..

King

• Also make 100% sure it’s the latest version, Apple may make it look as though it is.. when it’s not.

King

• Yeah reboot and reinstall before reporting any crashes
  • edited November 2017

Dotted white lines no longer work in the pattern editor or piano roll, moving notes is now cumbersome.

• Sample slice preview button doesn’t work properly, select a slice while zoomed in, move its end point, press preview slice and it plays sample from start, select a different slice then reselect the original slice and preview works again.

• edited November 2017

Arranger is broken, create an item, duplicate it a few times, try and swipe to move or pinch to zoom, last selected item remains selected and will jump all over the place, press select tool then go back to finger tool will fix.

• edited November 2017

I've recorded a video of consistently reproducing and also working around the mini keyboard piano roll sound bug. dang @5pinlink you may have found some more annoying bugs too =(
    I think they've purposely removed the dotted line stuff, though, replaced with the triangles when selected.

edit: link to thread with video https://intua.net/forums/discussion/5593/piano-roll-bug-on-3-0-5-update
    edit edit: confirmed rebooting does not fix the mini keyboard sound issue.

• This update is huge (features not size) some great stuff in here, new bugs withstanding ;)

• edited November 2017

What in the World.

Looks like I’ll be on 3.0.3 for a while..

King

Added: resisting, still resisting..

• The dotted lines are still there and need to work, one simple example, create a ton of notes, select them all, zoom out, near impossible to move them now, white lines was unique and very slick, it needs to come back or be an option ;)

• @5pinlink said:
    The dotted lines are still there and need to work, one simple example, create a ton of notes, select them all, zoom out, near impossible to move them now, white lines was unique and very slick, it needs to come back or be an option ;)

I meant they're visible, as they really should be because it helps you align to the right notes and timeline position, but they don't do anything when touched anymore.

Is this what you were talking about with moving lots of notes? I can do this the same even when the selection is 1cm square from zooming out so much.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/i75g6b4et7hbklv/movingtonsofnotes305.MOV?dl=0

• edited November 2017

@samu said:
    I just say Merde! when some people manage to make BM3 crash and it's been very solid for me.
    I've not had a single bail lately...

it has been awesome for me... have yet to get yesterdays/todays update... scared.

• edited November 2017

@5pinlink said:
    Arranger is broken, create an item, duplicate it a few times, try and swipe to move or pinch to zoom, last selected item remains selected and will jump all over the place, press select tool then go back to finger tool will fix.

I think this bug has to do with touching the triangles while doing a pinch/two finger pan.
    See video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xiul1ejk0rk8o4t/arrangertwofingerbug305.MOV?dl=0

edit: @Audiogus take a look at the videos I've shared so far. after all I've tested, I feel like updating to 3.0.5 is still a great idea. there's been a lot of enhancements and fixes, and the bugs found so far seem to have workarounds (which I've shared in my vids today). I think there should have been some mention in the update text about how the dotted lines that extend from a selection no longer do anything except provide visual guidance, and that the triangles are now what you use to adjust a selection.

• Non of your videos play here, cant comment ;)
    Youtube is reliable.

• edited November 2017

@5pinlink said:
    Non of your videos play here, cant comment ;)
    Youtube is reliable.

dammit! I don't wanna post these things to youtube. thought dropbox would provide a quick easy and temporary way to share things within this forum. but perhaps I'll post em to youtube later. =) I just tested the video links on my ipad as well as on my computer, both in google chrome, and they do play for me. on ipad in chrome, tapping the link opened my dropbox, but tapping and holding and then tapping open in incognito tab shows the video in the browser - same thing on computer.

• edited November 2017

Watched both vids with my feet up! cheers for the entertainment. (and demonstrations) ;)

King

• Must ... resist ... update... a ... little ... while ... longer...

King