PXT-Live “Clip Loop Mode” Behavior With Beatmaker 3?

edited November 2017 in General

PXT-Live is a script for Ableton Push that allows you to play a sample, change the length of that sample on the fly, and trigger any slice on the sample by hitting a pad. Instead of just playing the slice, it continues on loop the entire sample from the slice you hit until you hit another pad (so you could glitch out things and jump around). Is this possible in Beatmaker 3 somehow?

I was thinking you would need to set every pad to the same choke group, but I don’t see anything that would then loop the sample after that.

Comments

• I played around for an hour, but couldn’t figure it out. Unfortunately, you cannot loop the sample when it’s a one shot (well it’s a one shot :-) ) , and you have no loop setting possible except for a gate (hold). Perhaps this is an oversight, or a hack to solve some other bug. The logic seems odd.

It would be nice to trigger loops from on a sampler, as you can always choke and limit the polyphony. The workaround is to manually edit sliced samples to play out to the start, but really, that’s too much work just for glitching, bridging, and massaging tempo changes.

The PXT Live clip loop mode could be replicated if you could set an auto-slice when you resized the sample length, and any the play head contiued forward in slice mode when you hit a key instead of going silent. I would settle for this in slice mode, even if the overall sample could play through only once. You in essence would just be moving the playhead like a youtube video when you press 1-9, and those numbers would correspond to slices.

• What we need here is 'auto sustain on/off' per pad.(which would be the same as 'latch mode').
    Meaning first tap on the pad enables sustain and second tap releases it.

I've sent this suggestion to @mathieugarcie a long time ago but I do not have a clue on how the priority list is made :)

• There is a feature request in the forum for latch too ;)

• @5pinlink said:
    There is a feature request in the forum for latch too ;)

Great! I have not found the PXT-Live feature anywhere else. I’m not sure if they integrated it into Push 2, but I don’t think so. It’s just a great compositional tool, and probably great too for live performers...not that I understand how to perform live with a push. That would break my brain all of the possibilities.