Dotted white lines vs arrows (mock ups) post your ideas

124»

Comments

• @triton100 tap and hold the row label on the left, you can even tap hold and drag to get multiple full rows. you can do the same using the timeline at the top. this doesn't work in song view, but that makes sense I think.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm not sure what you mean, but it works if you're looking at midi notes in a pattern, whether it's the pads of a bank or keys for a pad.

• Step editor and piano roll in Maschine parlance, we may aswell call them that as they are copies of it lol

• @5pinlink said:
    Step editor and piano roll in Maschine parlance, we may aswell call them that as they are copies of it lol

Well mix a little bit of Maschine and some FL on it. What i miss in the Step Editor is the “Fill” Option. “Fill every 2”, “Fill every 4” ...whatever...”Fill every N”. Or like in this Mockup where i mixed BM3 greatness with a sprinkle of FL Studio Mobile ;)

Picture 1 is before and Picture 2 is a Menu which shows up after long pressing the selected sample/slot.

Another way could be to place a tool in the tool bar which you can type a number in and then draw every “number” you typed in (sound weird, right ;-) )

• @El_Sed you can kinda do that right now, although it might not be perfect

• edited February 2018

Its not really the same unless you are just using one shots though, if you are using a sound that uses ADSR, you would need the note spaces (note offs)

There is an alternative workaround though, make a bank up with Rozeta at different fill spacings, then record it as needed lol

Either way its all a PITA compared to real fill.

Im just glad this thread was bumped again :)

• @ronji said:
    @El_Sed you can kinda do that right now, although it might not be perfect

Cool, but more of a workaround...I think a toolset like this could do the trick also, if not implemented as “long press”-menu.
    Like here:

• @5pinlink at the very end of the video, I accommodate note offs by changing the grid back to the desired note length, then resizing the notes down, which could also be done in free mode for more flexibility. it is still a bit of a PITA, though. what would you suggest as an ideal note-fill feature? maybe just one more tool on the tool row that when pressed pops up a menu with the frequency/grid and note length, etc?

@El_Sed yeah, it is a workaround, but maybe still faster or as fast as manually drawing each note, or drawing, selecting, copying/duplicating (which is what I do currently anyway).

• Just have a user changeable number next to the fill tool.
    0=as is now
    1=note/empty/note/empty
    2=note/empty/empty/note
    3=note/empty/empty/empty
    Etc etc