Help with midi import.

So I have a midi file I sequenced in modstep. I can’t for the life of me figure out to import it so it can play on a track that I have an audio unit on. The au is on pad 1 but when I import it goes all across the pads. If I do this in Cubasis or Auria it’s fine I drag the file on the track and load up the synth and it plays it fine. Please help as I would like to do this in BM3.

Comments

• If it is going across pads then it is across multiple MIDI channels, each MIDI channel is a new pad, which version of Beatmaker are you are on ? (It used to be slightly different)

• @5pinlink said:
    If it is going across pads then it is across multiple MIDI channels, each MIDI channel is a new pad, which version of Beatmaker are you are on ? (It used to be slightly different)

Sorry I’m on BM3. Do I need to map each mad to the according midi that is coming in?

• Sorry, should have been clearer, which version number of Beatmaker 3 are you on (You can find the version on the welcome screen, right at the bottom)

You have multiple types of MIDI file
    Single channel = Just one MIDI channel data in the file.
    Multi channel = Multiple MIDI channels of data in the file.
    Plus two different types of MIDI file, type 0 and type 1

Can you send me the MIDI file or explain how it was created and what it contains in Modstep and i will try to replicate it here in Modstep.

• I have the latest version as of yesterday of BM3. I think I finally got it to work by opening the piano roll in the pattern for the specific pad then going back to song mode and dragging it in. I’m just an old guitar player that can play anymore so that’s why I’m moving all to iOS. So I really appreciate your help. Is there a program that can tell me what my midi is if I load it in to it? I can send you the midi file via pm.

Thanks

• edited November 2017

Yep i tried your file, basically it doesn't do what it is supposed to do as far as i am concerned, i will pass it on to the developers, but unfortunately MIDI import improvements seem to be on the back burner.

*Edit
    I sent your MIDI file to the developers, but don't hold your breath !!

• Thanks anyway!!! I have some work arounds I can try. Thank you!!
  • Bm2 is still struggling with the midi transfer when bringing over the files
  • @stormywaterz said:
    Bm2 is still struggling with the midi transfer when bringing over the files

BM2?

• I already send midi files created in Modestep a few weeks ago to Mathieu, to iron out the problem.
    Only a few midifile can be imported to BM3, but no file from Modstep work in BM3 for now

• Hi there,
    @chaztrip
    If you want to import your MIDI data to only one pad that has an instrument, you should have the bank set in KEY mode with the correct pad selected.
    Hopefully this is your issue here