Split from Amen thread

@5pinlink said:
You can sort of have a global envelope by using the control to all layers thing, when i asked for a global per instrument envelope i was bitched at no end by users.
Funny how stuff gets turned around lol.

@StudioES said:
+1. A Global tab would be cool with switchable options.
Or maybe an amp w/ env as an effect, triggered by multiple MIDI options like note on/off or modulators?
Sorry, going OT here. Is there another thread or is it in the FR thread?

@Heyez said:
@5pinlink pretty sure everyone was down for more modulation options (fx/macros/sample start + end + loop window, global macros etc), extended fx options per layer and definable ctr-all (or equivalent)? The debate wasnt about the merit of adding those things ;) All that stuff has been FR'd :)

@5pinlink said:
Non of those things are anything to do with what we are talking about ;)

@Heyez said:
Ah, sorry dude, my mistake, thought you were referring to the thread of doom ;) (https://intua.net/forums/discussion/comment/19183/#Comment_19183)

BM3 shaping up nicely in any case. Seems like intua will add basically EVERYTHING given enough time :)

I can't use it for much as is. Sound design is fine but sequencing is kinda like pulling teeth. Simple stuff like the transport cursor always returning to zero (as opposed to the location last assigned) and not being able to move playback cursor in pattern edit view... Major vibe killers.. Feels like it's only a few updates from smoothing out tho :)

@5pinlink said:
That’s nothing, try editing an Amen chop when every time you adjust a velocity it switches lane and pattern position, trying to do a simple velocity fade is a total POS !!

@Heyez said:
Sounds stressful :/ Shame we can't ffwd to the golden age.. Or get Siri versed in production ;) 'Siri, please cut this break in to 16 chops, transpose chops 5 and 8 up 5 semitones, reverse chop 12 and sweep the filter every 3rd note sequenced in the pattern... Ta'.

@huphtur said:

@Heyez said:
Sounds stressful :/ Shame we can't ffwd to the golden age.. Or get Siri versed in production ;) 'Siri, please cut this break in to 16 chops, transpose chops 5 and 8 up 5 semitones, reverse chop 12 and sweep the filter every 3rd note sequenced in the pattern... Ta'.

To put things in perspective, apparently Burial made Untrue without a DAW

@mathieugarcia said:
This album is such a gem, a real milestone in modern electronic music.

Comments

• edited November 2017

Just my opinion (obviously) — and I love most underground styles — but I can't stand Burial's music.

I do respect the fact he made all this with a few youtube vocals, a shitload of Metal Gear Solid samples, and sequenced the whole moody/janky thing on a linear wave editor (Soundforge).

But he's not the fucking messiah.

• Well if we are putting out opinions, it sounds like nothing special to me, putting stuff together in a linear wave editor is old hat, we were doing that in the 90s on 486s and cool edit sharware before it was bought by adobe.

I don't respect anything at all about the way music is made, all it does is create an air of settling, look at the state of the AB forum and their "Mobile music" attitude, like somehow mobile music makers should get more respect but its OK for their music to be a little bit crap because it is made on mobile devices.
    Sorry, not having it hahaha.
    Again just my opinion and so on.

• edited November 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @5pinlink Damn you haha! I hate to admit that I kind of have to agree with you now.

Would love to hear what artists/albums you are currently digging (if you have mentioned this before, please direct me to right thread, I obv have missed that).

• edited November 2017

I just like what i like, when i like it, I'm as likely to be listening to Abba as Aphex Twin or Noisia to Black Label Society.
    The most important electronic biased music right now for me is probably Kamanchi Slys new album, not because it is electronic but because its the start of the re-emergence of Britcore, probably the single most important genre in music in the last 30 years (And i plan to be a part of it again, actually always have been :) )

• Britcore, Silver Bullet right? 20 Seconds to Comply is still one of my favorite tracks. Looking into this Kamanchi fellow... holy crap, member of Hijack (with DJ Supreme). Will keep an eye on his new album when it drops. Stoked on this.

• Did someone say Britcore?

BRING FORTH THE GUILLOTINE
  • @huphtur said:
    Britcore, Silver Bullet right? 20 Seconds to Comply is still one of my favorite tracks. Looking into this Kamanchi fellow... holy crap, member of Hijack (with DJ Supreme). Will keep an eye on his new album when it drops. Stoked on this.

His album has already dropped, basically what has happened is the UK HipHop scene is getting buttf*cked from everybody because of that crap grime rubbish, you got punk ass DJs like Vadim saying the UK is crap at HipHop, and the only acts he had ever heard of were all Grime shite, which has brought all the old warriors back out, keep in mind here that pretty much all the important new dance music genres in the last twenty years have spawned from Britcore, even Liam Howlett was originally in a Britcore crew (Cut to kill i think they where called)
    We are gonna see some mad fruit in the next year or so, trust me ;)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Rad Boiler Room podcast about Untrue:

via: http://classicalbumsundays.com/

• @triton100 said:

@5pinlink said:

@huphtur said:
    Britcore, Silver Bullet right? 20 Seconds to Comply is still one of my favorite tracks. Looking into this Kamanchi fellow... holy crap, member of Hijack (with DJ Supreme). Will keep an eye on his new album when it drops. Stoked on this.

His album has already dropped, basically what has happened is the UK HipHop scene is getting buttf*cked from everybody because of that crap grime rubbish, you got punk ass DJs like Vadim saying the UK is crap at HipHop, and the only acts he had ever heard of were all Grime shite, which has brought all the old warriors back out, keep in mind here that pretty much all the important new dance music genres in the last twenty years have spawned from Britcore, even Liam Howlett was originally in a Britcore crew (Cut to kill i think they where called)
    We are gonna see some mad fruit in the next year or so, trust me ;)

I hear that kamanchis new album was recorded using gadget ;) just kidding. Though there is a new sampler released today as part of gadget. Haven’t tested it yet

You are walking a thin line my Pedigree chum !!!! Hahahaha

• Always give K Sly a listen out of respect but haven't been into the production over the last few years. I've enjoyed the DJ Supreme stuff though if we're talking Hijack. Great to hear Curoc and Icepick on the mic again.

Nice to hear you're getting back into it @5pinlink. I'm never selling my UK rap vinyl. It has made it's way across the water to Canada so I have to protect the legacy! :smile: