Audio related questions & feature request

*How do you move audio recorded on an audio track to the browser or to a pad on another track? I'd like to resample from a track, then load the audio back onto that track.

*Is there a quick way to copy one pad to another?

Feature request - please add pitch as an automation parameter. Much glitchy goodness can occur from automating pitch. ;-)

Comments

• edited November 2017
    Audio to browser
    Select the audio.
    Press edit button (lower left)
    Press edit sample (lower left)
    Press the three dots (upper right)
    You can now save to same directory/session directory/main sample directory

Unfortunately there is no direct send to pad command yet, save it as above and drag to the audio track or pad.

Copy pad
    Tap on the sampler icon (middle left)
    Select one of the mini pads
    Press the three dots next to the pad name and copy
    Select another mini pad
    Press the three dots and paste

You can modulate and automate sampler tune and fine tune, they are pitch ;)
  • If the recorded audio is in your project in any way, it’s also in the browser somewhere. If you’re working in a session that’s saved (you hit save and named it) then samples and recordings that belong to it should be kept in the session folder. Samples brought in and not recorded in the session will be in their original location unless you’ve tapped the save option to copy the samples, or if you’ve edited the sample and didn’t specifically tell BM3 to save it to the samples folder.

Copying pads could hardly be easier. In the edit page (the wavy icon on the left), select the pad you want to copy by tapping on it, then tap the 3 dots to the right of the pad name, directly below the pad grid, the choose copy. Then tap to select the destination pad, tap the 3 dots, then choose paste. If you edit this sample on the second pad, and again don’t specify any save options (if you normalize or trim and then just exit the sample editor) the sample will be saved as samplename-1.wav in the samples folder in that session.

Pitch can be automated, but not directly by midi yet. In the edit page, on the sampler tab, double tap the Tune control, and you can choose to modulate it it with an envelope or lfo or step modulator or random (again midi doesn’t work even though it’s listed), or you can assign it to a macro. Modulations are found on the modulatoin tab for that pad/layer, and macros are found on the bank with the lower left macro button (looks like a knob). You can also draw automation in a pattern or on the track by tapping song button on the left (looks like a sandwich? the beatmaker logo), then tapping track or pattern automation at bottom right, then tap the plus sign to add automation, choose the pad, then choose the layer, then choose tune. You can also record automation by adjusting the tune knob while the record button is active, but make sure recording automation is turned on in the A button between the Q and stop buttons at top right. You can record automation this way into a pattern if you tap the track helper at top left, just to the right of the browser button, and then tap to activate (and loop) the pattern you want to record automation into. If you don’t have a pattern activated, automation gets recorded to the timeline.

• edited November 2017

Goddammit I wrote a book of instruction to help with all these points, edited for spelling, and now it’s just gone! @5pinlink is correct, although brief. ;)

• Thanks for your help and patience guys. Appreciated. I see that the manual has been updated with v 3.05 changes and now weighs in at 98 pages. :o This thing's a monster

• Whoa, now suddenly I can see my book of text in this thread. Glad all that typing on the iPad keyboard didn’t go to complete waste =)